SeaMicro on Monday announced a low-power server that includes 256 of Intel's latest Atom N570 dual-core processors.
Worldwide server revenue and unit shipments continued a yearlong recovery in the fourth quarter of 2010, but growth is likely to slow this year, research company Gartner said on Thursday.
Juniper Networks today announced the results of $100 million in research and development: a new architecturefor data center infrastructure called QFabric
Acer, the No. 4 PC maker in the U.S., has released a line of servers and storage products for this market.
IBM's latest mainframe, the zEnterprise 196, was released last summer as a cross-platform management system that could work in mixed processor and operating system environments. In pursuit of that goal, the company continues to roll out new component...
Dell on Monday introduced a server that can accommodate up to 96 CPU cores -- a big boost in the computational power provided by its hardware.
As with buying insurance or taking vitamins, committing to data backup is a hard sell. Everyone knows that storing records safely in more than one place protects the health of a business, but many companies fail to establish backup systems that will ...
China is building a city-sized cloud computing and office complex that will include a mega data center, one of the projects fueling that country's double-digit growth in IT spending.
ARM is considering 64-bit extensions for its CPU designs, but their absence today doesn't harm its chances in the server market, ARM CEO Warren East said this week.
Dell has released two servers for the U.S. market that have been customized to run Ubuntu-based cloud services, the company announced Wednesday.
Cisco has invested in Tilera, a developer of multicore processors for cloud computing and communications, as part of the chip maker's $45 million round announced this week.
BOSTON -- Research in Motion will launch a cloud-based capability for its popular BlackBerry Enterprise Server by the end of 2011, RIM officials said Thursday.
The departure of long-time Microsoft executive Bob Muglia is a troubling sign because he was held in high esteem by the firm's technical talent, an analyst said today.
Synology today launched the RackStation RS411, a rack-mountable, network-attached storage (NAS) device designed for businesses.
The recession may have accelerated companies extending the lifecycles of PCs, laptops and servers, but that change may become permanent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT