Expectations for the success of ARM servers are diminishing as processors and product releases get delayed, a top Dell executive said.
Red Hat has developed a version of the Linux operating system that can be used to test chips and associated hardware based on the ARMv8-A 64-bit architecture for servers with the aim of standardizing that market.
Advanced Micro Devices is moving closer to a motherboard design that will accept both x86 and ARM chips with the shipment of its first 64-bit ARM board.
The first third-party chips and servers licensed to use IBM's Power architecture will be on the market early next year.
Two days after Hewlett-Packard said its chairman had resigned due to ill health, the company has named a replacement: President and CEO Meg Whitman.
Intel has started shipping Xeon E5 chips based on the Haswell microarchitecture to server makers, and the chip will be in servers this quarter.
VoIP PBXes, NTP servers, Web-controlled power strips - hack together one of these handy, cheap solutions for the server closet and beyond
IBM researchers are pursuing an ambitious project to deliver supercomputers that can be held in the palm of your hand.
Micron wants to shake up decades-old memory implementations with its Hybrid Memory Cube technology, which will be available as an alternative to DRAM modules starting in the first quarter next year.
Google is well-known for building its own server hardware to meet the unique needs of its massive compute network, but that won't always be the case, according to the head of its infrastructure team.
Chinese server vendors are making big gains in their home market, and putting pressure on U.S. rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM in the "hyperscale" segment, according to research firm IDC. Dell, though, remains the country's number one server vendor.
Fujitsu has developed a circuit that could double data rates between CPUs in servers and supercomputers
Hewlett-Packard's attempt to come up with a new architecture for computers is "laughable" and would make trillions of dollars in software investment obsolete, according to a top Dell executive.
HP's annual Discover conference unearths new IT products
Hewlett-Packard is reportedly developing a powerful new type of computer that draws on technologies under development at HP Labs, including memristors and silicon photonics.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia