Chinese server vendors are making big gains in their home market, and putting pressure on U.S. rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM in the "hyperscale" segment, according to research firm IDC. Dell, though, remains the country's number one server vendor.
Fujitsu has developed a circuit that could double data rates between CPUs in servers and supercomputers
Hewlett-Packard's attempt to come up with a new architecture for computers is "laughable" and would make trillions of dollars in software investment obsolete, according to a top Dell executive.
HP's annual Discover conference unearths new IT products
Hewlett-Packard is reportedly developing a powerful new type of computer that draws on technologies under development at HP Labs, including memristors and silicon photonics.
Many servers expose insecure management interfaces to the Internet through microcontrollers embedded into the motherboard that run independently of the main OS and provide monitoring and administration functions.
The PCI technology that's served PCs and servers well for decades is learning to get by on less power so it can play in mobile devices and the Internet of Things.
AppliedMicro plans to put ARM mobile chips with 16 cores in servers, but is approaching the market cautiously following the abrupt shutdown of ARM server pioneer Calxeda late last year.
Shipments of servers from Chinese vendors grew at a fast clip while the top server vendors in the U.S. tumbled during the first quarter of this year.
Nvidia's upcoming 64-bit Tegra K1 chip could wind up in microservers, which would lead the company into competition with ARM processor makers in that space.
Hewlett-Packard is eyeing 2015 for the release of its first Nonstop systems based on x86 server hardware, a company official said this week.
Hewlett-Packard is partnering with Foxconn, the Taiwanese manufacturing giant best known for producing Apple's iPhone, to tackle the growing market for low-cost servers in cloud data centers.
IBM's efforts to expand the use of its Power chips in hyperscale data centers just got a big shot in the arm from Google.
An IBM project to widen the use of its Power server chips inched forward Wednesday with Big Blue trying to challenge Intel for a bigger role in the hyperscale data centers run by the likes of Google and Facebook.
Enterprise IT vendors are rushing to protect users from the Heartbleed bug, which has been found in some servers and networking gear and could allow attackers to steal critical data -- including passwords and encryption keys -- from the memories of e...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW