Shipments of servers from Chinese vendors grew at a fast clip while the top server vendors in the U.S. tumbled during the first quarter of this year.
Nvidia's upcoming 64-bit Tegra K1 chip could wind up in microservers, which would lead the company into competition with ARM processor makers in that space.
Hewlett-Packard is eyeing 2015 for the release of its first Nonstop systems based on x86 server hardware, a company official said this week.
Hewlett-Packard is partnering with Foxconn, the Taiwanese manufacturing giant best known for producing Apple's iPhone, to tackle the growing market for low-cost servers in cloud data centers.
IBM's efforts to expand the use of its Power chips in hyperscale data centers just got a big shot in the arm from Google.
An IBM project to widen the use of its Power server chips inched forward Wednesday with Big Blue trying to challenge Intel for a bigger role in the hyperscale data centers run by the likes of Google and Facebook.
Enterprise IT vendors are rushing to protect users from the Heartbleed bug, which has been found in some servers and networking gear and could allow attackers to steal critical data -- including passwords and encryption keys -- from the memories of e...
The make-or-break project kept engineers just out of college working around the clock hunting down bugs. The product had so much buzz that speculators bought up units to resell later for a profit. The company invested so much in development that its ...
In many ways, the modern computer era began in the New Englander Motor Hotel in Greenwich, Connecticut.
IBM for decades was the only company making servers based on its proprietary Power architecture, but that's not the case anymore.
Lenovo will send a memo to its server sales team on Tuesday, urging them to ignore the "uncertainty and doubt" its rivals are sowing over its acquisition of IBM's server division.
Huawei's enterprise unit has launched the FusionCube for high-end HANA systems and will also work with SAP on products for areas such as enterprise mobility.
The demand for customized servers is growing as buying trends change, with more companies designing servers in-house instead of buying from well-established vendors such as Hewlett-Packard or Dell.
Even as server shipments went up, revenue in the market declined in last year's fourth quarter, as demand for higher-end systems remained weak, according to research firm IDC.
Intel has added up to 15 cores in its latest Xeon E7 v2 family of server processors, but is stressing in-memory computing improvements with the latest chips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW