Chinese server vendors are making big gains in their home market, and putting pressure on U.S. rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM in the "hyperscale" segment, according to research firm IDC. Dell, though, remains the country's number one server vendor.
Fujitsu has developed a circuit that could double data rates between CPUs in servers and supercomputers
Hewlett-Packard's attempt to come up with a new architecture for computers is "laughable" and would make trillions of dollars in software investment obsolete, according to a top Dell executive.
HP's annual Discover conference unearths new IT products
Hewlett-Packard is reportedly developing a powerful new type of computer that draws on technologies under development at HP Labs, including memristors and silicon photonics.
Many servers expose insecure management interfaces to the Internet through microcontrollers embedded into the motherboard that run independently of the main OS and provide monitoring and administration functions.
The PCI technology that's served PCs and servers well for decades is learning to get by on less power so it can play in mobile devices and the Internet of Things.
AppliedMicro plans to put ARM mobile chips with 16 cores in servers, but is approaching the market cautiously following the abrupt shutdown of ARM server pioneer Calxeda late last year.
Shipments of servers from Chinese vendors grew at a fast clip while the top server vendors in the U.S. tumbled during the first quarter of this year.
Nvidia's upcoming 64-bit Tegra K1 chip could wind up in microservers, which would lead the company into competition with ARM processor makers in that space.
Hewlett-Packard is eyeing 2015 for the release of its first Nonstop systems based on x86 server hardware, a company official said this week.
Hewlett-Packard is partnering with Foxconn, the Taiwanese manufacturing giant best known for producing Apple's iPhone, to tackle the growing market for low-cost servers in cloud data centers.
IBM's efforts to expand the use of its Power chips in hyperscale data centers just got a big shot in the arm from Google.
An IBM project to widen the use of its Power server chips inched forward Wednesday with Big Blue trying to challenge Intel for a bigger role in the hyperscale data centers run by the likes of Google and Facebook.
Enterprise IT vendors are rushing to protect users from the Heartbleed bug, which has been found in some servers and networking gear and could allow attackers to steal critical data -- including passwords and encryption keys -- from the memories of e...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC