Oracle CEO Larry Ellison unveiled the Exalytics Intelligence Machine, the latest member of the company's products that combine software and hardware, during a keynote address at the OpenWorld conference on Sunday in San Francisco.
There are free and open source alternatives to just about every proprietary software package available today--the trick is just finding the right ones for your business.
Oracle's OpenWorld conference, which kicks off Sunday in San Francisco, could be the biggest one yet for the company, which entered the hardware game last year through the purchase of Sun Microsystems and is closing in on US$40 billion in revenue.
Google has acquired land in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore to build data centers in these three locations, it said Wednesday.
Six weeks to the day after the official release of Firefox 6, Mozilla on Tuesday rolled out Firefox 7, the next version of its popular Web browser for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android users.
Amazon announced Monday that it would add more than 2,000 TV shows and movies to its streaming video services this fall in a new partnership with Fox. The new content, which includes classic movies like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and TV shows...
Having gone through a <a href="http://www8.hp.com/us/en/company-information/executive-team/formerceos.html">rash of CEOs</a> in the past 10 to 15 years, Hewlett-Packard may soon find itself looking for yet another new chief, despite just tapping Meg ...
Hewlett-Packard CEO Leo Apotheker has been ousted from his position and replaced by HP director and former eBay CEO Meg Whitman, less than a year after he took the job.
Wondering what buying apps in Windows 8 will be like using Microsoft's new app store, dubbed the Windows Store? Microsoft shared some details about its plans during the company's keynote at the BUILD developer conference.
IT services company, Computer Sciences Corporation, said Wednesday it has acquired AppLabs Technologies, a privately held Indian software testing services provider, for an undisclosed amount.
Close to half of all computer users around the world tend to get their software illegally, and business decision-makers are no exception.
SAP is hoping to spark more adoption of its Solution Manager platform for managing and monitoring SAP software environments, a new version of which was announced Tuesday during the Tech Ed conference in Las Vegas.
The Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks led to scores of changes in how U.S. residents live and do business, and the IT industry was not spared.
Oracle and a large New York law firm are in a legal dispute over $US1,500 that has likely already rung up many times that amount in costs, according to recent court documents in Oracle's lawsuit against third-party software support provider Rimini St...
Companies that have as many as 400 servers, including machines running internally as well as in public clouds, can start using a hosted management tool from ScaleXtreme, starting Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInterface AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA
- CCInformatica LeadNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCBI Program DirectorNSW
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- TPRelease and Deployment MangerACT
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTSystems ArchitectACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCUX LeadNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC