Clients of Indian outsourcers consider it critical to have access to, and to build a relationship with, the heads of these companies, according to a study by Offshore Insights, a research and advisory firm in Pune, India.
CenturyLink has agreed to buy hosting company Savvis for about US$2.5 billion in cash and shares, the companies announced Wednesday.
Nokia will outsource its Symbian software activities to Accenture, transferring 3,000 employees to the company in the process, as it moves its focus to making phones running on Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system.
Wipro, India's third largest outsourcer, said on Wednesday that its IT services business had grown by 20 percent to US$1.4 billion for the quarter ended March 31, reflecting strong demand from outside the country for offshore services.
Oracle has subpoenaed scores of Rimini Street customers in connection with its intellectual property suit against the third-party software maintenance provider, but at least one has no interest in complying with its demands.
Indian outsourcers Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), and HCL Technologies reported this week strong revenue and profit growth for the quarter ended March 31, as outsourcing by clients to offshore locations picked up.
Microsoft said on Wednesday that its BPOS-Federal service has received an important certification that allows federal organizations to use the service.
Setting up offshore IT services and business services subsidiaries has once again become a preferred route for multinational companies wanting to tap talent in low-cost locations, analysts said. The subsidiaries are known in the outsourcing industry ...
A one-time Cisco engineer who had sued his former employer, alleging it monopolized the business of servicing and maintaining Cisco equipment, has been charged by U.S. authorities with hacking.
Forget all the discussion about IT outsourcing providers moving up the technology value chain to become partners in innovation; their customers' biggest needs remain much more straightforward, according to the results of the IDG Enterprise Outsourcin...
IBM on Tuesday reported quarterly sales growth across all its major divisions and raised its earnings outlook for the full year, the latest sign that business spending in the IT sector continues to recover.
Indian outsourcer Infosys Technologies has reported growth in revenue and profit for the quarter ended March 31, but analysts remain concerned that the company's risk-aversion and impending management changes may slow it down in comparison to competi...
Google went on the defensive on Wednesday, saying it never misled the U.S. government about Google Apps' compliance with an important security standard.
Following Twitter's decision to clamp down on third-party developers -- earlier this year, it now looks like an effort may be afoot within a leading provider of client apps to create a direct competitor to the popular microblogging service.
Lenovo on Tuesday announced a hosted applications service that can detect the hardware capabilities of an end user's laptop and tailor the service accordingly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- What do you get when you cross Star Wars and famous art? This algorithm can show you
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/J2EE) 160511/AP/522Asia
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC