CES 2015 might go down as the moment when TVs became more complicated than they should be.
Sharp is quadrupling the number of Ultra HD television sets it sells, raising its bet that consumers will want the TVs despite the lack of a large amount of content.
Cat burglars, beware: Sharp has a security camera that can shoot in the dark and in color.
Sharp is developing a "color memory LCD panel" for wearables that has dramatically lower power consumption, allowing smartbands, smartwatches and other devices with small displays to be used far longer.
If you aren't ready for 4K TVs yet, you could wait a few more years for the next big thing -- 8K.
Eyeing use in car dashboards and consoles, Sharp has developed an LCD panel that can be cut to almost any shape.
Sharp is close to commercializing its first product that uses a MEMS display -- a new type of flat-panel display that boasts deeper and richer colors than traditional LCD screens and lower power consumption.
Sharp has set 2017 as its target for mass production of a new display it says will reduce power consumption in smartphones and tablets.
The most striking thing about Sprint's upcoming Aquos Crystal smartphone only becomes clear when you turn its camera on.
If Sharp's latest display is any indication, car dashboards could soon have LCDs that fit into all kinds of nooks and crannies.
If you love the way colors pop on large OLED displays, Sharp and other Japanese companies are working on a tiny treat for you: a 13-inch OLED screen with 8K resolution.
Sure, you could buy a laptop, tablet or cloud service from Toshiba. But how about some spinach?
4K TV shows aren't yet a reality in most countries, but Sharp has announced a unit that can receive and record them.
Apple is said to be in talks with Renesas Electronics to buy its majority-owned joint venture that designs chips for smartphone displays.
Resolution fanatics hoping that 4K TVs will become cheaper got some welcome news from Sharp on Monday when it unveiled its Aquos 4K Ultra HD, with 60- and 70-inch versions priced at USD$4,999.99 and $5,999.99, respectively.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCNetwork Engineer | DC Relocation |VoIP Refresh | CCNA | CCNPNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCProject Coordinator-IT Application Software Implementation BckgNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW