Resolution fanatics hoping that 4K TVs will become cheaper got some welcome news from Sharp on Monday when it unveiled its Aquos 4K Ultra HD, with 60- and 70-inch versions priced at USD$4,999.99 and $5,999.99, respectively.
Home appliances, cars and computers could soon be talking to one another thanks to an open source framework that has the backing of consumer electronics manufacturers in a new industry alliance.
Apple is selling a 4K monitor from Sharp that could allay concerns of users looking to buy the upcoming Mac Pro desktop for ultra-high definition content creation.
Sharp has started mass production of its high-definition IGZO screens for smartphones, which could lead to crisper and sharper displays on the phone in your pocket.
It might not be immediately obvious, but with every solar panel installed comes a simple but essential piece of maintenance: regular cleaning.
Putting a futuristic spin on the basic elements of a health check-up, Japan's Sharp has developed a sort of healthcare pod that allows people to look cool while their vital signs are measured.
It's hard to believe that not a single Windows 8 tablet has matched the screen resolution of Apple's iPad, but Sharp plans to change that with its Mebius Pad.
Sharp on Monday showed off its latest prototypes of a new type of display screen that it says brings several advantages over today's LCD (liquid crystal display) screens.
Japan's Sharp makes multi-hued HD displays for iPhones and TVs, but it has had unexpected success at home with a simple, monochrome device it calls a "digital notepad," a small tablet with a lined screen and stylus for easily scribbling handwritten n...
Japan's Sharp said Thursday it will team with a large Chinese manufacturer to build a factory in Nanjing and mass-produce LCD screens for TVs, computers and tablets.
Japan's Sharp said Monday that it has received a second US$60 million investment from Qualcomm, as the two companies work together to mass produce low-power, high-performance displays for mobile devices.
Ailing Japanese TV maker Sharp says it will try to break into a host of new industries, from industrial cleaning robots to raising strawberries, to supplement its core LCD business.
Foxconn's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. has set up a new research center devoted to display and touch technologies in Japan that could end up hiring staff away from Sharp.
An exhibition in Osaka, central Japan, has assembled a hall of fame for Japanese tech products, with hits including Sony's Walkman and Aibo, an original Tranformer toy, and Paro the baby seal robot on display.
Japan's Sharp booked another huge loss on Tuesday, and unveiled its latest turnaround plan, which includes relying on partnerships with Samsung Electronics and Foxconn Technology Group for business, sacking top management, and expanding into new fiel...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW