An unstable hot air mass troubled the iOSphere this week, the sky blackened by contradictory rumours, sometimes in the same blog post.
Reports are suggesting that Pegatron, who are a manufacturing partner of Apple, has announced plans to in increase the number of workers at its plant in China by up to 40% in the second half of this year
Reports claim that a new iPad 5 will feature a thinner and lighter design that will have a thinner bezel. However, earlier claims that it will launch this month have been shelved after it emerged that it will not enter production in July or August, a...
Foxconn's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. said it was still committed to buying a stake in Japanese display maker Sharp, and expects an investment could be completed within three months if a price can be agreed on.
A deal that would have made electronics giant Foxconn a major shareholder in Japan display maker Sharp has fallen apart, though the companies remain close partners in the complex global electronics supply chain.
Sharp will postpone a US$60 million investment from Qualcomm that was to come this month, after the two companies were unable to establish test production of a new type of low-power display for mobile devices.
Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group said it was still negotiating a deal for greater cooperation with Sharp, despite the Japanese display maker securing a US$110 million investment to supply LCD panels to rival Samsung Electronics.
Japan's Sharp has secured a US$110 million lifeline investment from Samsung Electronics, and agreed to become a major supplier of screens for the South Korean company's growing electronics empire.
Report: Sharp reduces full-size iPad display production to 'minimal level', is Apple gearing up for iPad 5?
Sharp has reduced production of Apple's 9.7in iPad displays to a 'minimal level' in Japan, a new report suggests, claiming that the rise in demand for the iPad mini could be contributing to a decrease in full-size iPad sales, and that Apple could be ...
Japan's Sharp has developed a high-definition touchscreen that can be used with a stylus that resembles a conventional pen.
Sharp has announced two new 4K LCD monitors, which will display images at close to four times the overall resolution of traditional 1080p high-definition monitors available today.
Sharp is readying a 6-inch digital notepad with 60 hours of battery life under continuous use.
Sharp is gearing up for its entry into the 4k TV market with a 60-inch set that will sell for over US$30,000 and launch in Japan in February.
2012 was an exciting year for the television market. Prices fell significantly for existing technology, with edge-lit LED televisions dropping in price as they stole further market share from already dirt-cheap plasmas.
Qualcomm has agreed to invest up to US$120 million in struggling Japanese firm Sharp, with the two companies to work together to develop low-power displays for mobile devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC