Lenovo smartphone lets users interact with projected images...Google tipped to overhaul payments scheme...FCC will clamp down on spam texts...and more tech news.
Earlier this month, Sidecar expanded its mobile ride hailing service to deliver medical marijuana in San Francisco. It's not the only substance the startup wants to bring to your door.
Car-hailing app Sidecar is trying to make further inroads into same-day deliveries.
The tech industry's most influential companies spent record amounts of money on federal lobbying in 2014 despite a general drop in lobbying by most tech companies. The spending was often directed at areas away from the central business of technology,...
Uber aims to give people an easy way to hail a ride from their smartphones, but its surge pricing is wreaking havoc on at least some customers.
Uber is pushing back against the latest legal challenge to its business, saying accusations against it and its competitors are inaccurate and need correcting.
Lyft is bringing its car-pooling service to Los Angeles, even while California regulators say it's illegal.
New car-pool services sold by ride-sharing companies including Uber and Lyft are illegal in California, according to state regulators.
It seems like poaching drivers is par for the course in the ride-sharing industry.
Two of the hottest startups for requesting rides from your smartphone are accusing each other of dirty tricks.
Lyft said nearly 200 employees at Uber, one of its largest rivals in mobile car hailing, have since last October ordered and cancelled thousands of Lyft rides, causing lost fares with its service.
Seattle city council members voted Monday to legalize ride-hailing apps like Uber, Lyft and Sidecar, despite concerns from one council member about the adequacy of insurance coverage provided by the companies.
Lyft is upping its game against Uber with a premium SUV service aimed at high rollers.
Sidecar is testing a feature to show the "trending" destinations of the ride-sharing apps' users.
People using the transportation apps Lyft and Sidecar in California will no longer be able to skimp on their fares, now that both apps have ditched their donation model.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW