A big theme at the RSA Conference this year is a concept known as Big Data Security -- the idea that massive amounts of data related to both network security and of business context should be stockpiled to be analyzed to pinpoint malware, rogue insid...
IBM intends to make the security information and event management (SIEM) technology gained through the acquisition of Q1 Labs, which was officially closed yesterday, the centerpiece of IBM's broad security product portfolio.
Oklahoma City is using technology that not only watches for signs of any hacker activity on its municipal government network, but monitors employee online behavior to assure no one's going out of bounds.
Security information and event management (SIEM) equipment is valuable for getting a bird's-eye view of security in the enterprise, but there are deployment challenges that IT security managers need to recognize.
SenSage, which makes security information and event management (SIEM) products, is opening up its platform to share data it gathers with business intelligence tools so they can be used to make better decisions.
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
Whitepapers about SIEM
Everybody has logs and ultimately will have to deal with them. In this guide, Dr. Anton Chuvakin analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management for a new solution. · Security information and event management (SIEM) emerged in the 1990s, but it has always been controversial · This paper analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management, focusing on technical differences, uses and architecting joint deployments · Dr Chuvakin provides recommendations for companies that have deployed log management or SIEM so they can plot their roadmap for enhancing deployment
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW