A big theme at the RSA Conference this year is a concept known as Big Data Security -- the idea that massive amounts of data related to both network security and of business context should be stockpiled to be analyzed to pinpoint malware, rogue insid...
IBM intends to make the security information and event management (SIEM) technology gained through the acquisition of Q1 Labs, which was officially closed yesterday, the centerpiece of IBM's broad security product portfolio.
Oklahoma City is using technology that not only watches for signs of any hacker activity on its municipal government network, but monitors employee online behavior to assure no one's going out of bounds.
Security information and event management (SIEM) equipment is valuable for getting a bird's-eye view of security in the enterprise, but there are deployment challenges that IT security managers need to recognize.
SenSage, which makes security information and event management (SIEM) products, is opening up its platform to share data it gathers with business intelligence tools so they can be used to make better decisions.
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
Whitepapers about SIEM
Everybody has logs and ultimately will have to deal with them. In this guide, Dr. Anton Chuvakin analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management for a new solution. · Security information and event management (SIEM) emerged in the 1990s, but it has always been controversial · This paper analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management, focusing on technical differences, uses and architecting joint deployments · Dr Chuvakin provides recommendations for companies that have deployed log management or SIEM so they can plot their roadmap for enhancing deployment
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA