A big theme at the RSA Conference this year is a concept known as Big Data Security -- the idea that massive amounts of data related to both network security and of business context should be stockpiled to be analyzed to pinpoint malware, rogue insid...
IBM intends to make the security information and event management (SIEM) technology gained through the acquisition of Q1 Labs, which was officially closed yesterday, the centerpiece of IBM's broad security product portfolio.
Oklahoma City is using technology that not only watches for signs of any hacker activity on its municipal government network, but monitors employee online behavior to assure no one's going out of bounds.
Security information and event management (SIEM) equipment is valuable for getting a bird's-eye view of security in the enterprise, but there are deployment challenges that IT security managers need to recognize.
SenSage, which makes security information and event management (SIEM) products, is opening up its platform to share data it gathers with business intelligence tools so they can be used to make better decisions.
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
Whitepapers about SIEM
Everybody has logs and ultimately will have to deal with them. In this guide, Dr. Anton Chuvakin analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management for a new solution. · Security information and event management (SIEM) emerged in the 1990s, but it has always been controversial · This paper analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management, focusing on technical differences, uses and architecting joint deployments · Dr Chuvakin provides recommendations for companies that have deployed log management or SIEM so they can plot their roadmap for enhancing deployment
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW