Facebook drone set to fly this year...Windows 10 hit on browser choice...Hacker breaks into GM car using OnStar...and more tech news.
The vast majority of Android phones can be hacked by sending them a specially crafted multimedia message (MMS), a security researcher has found.
Google will sell wireless service... PayPal buys Paydiant for mobile payments... Look out, GoPro: here comes Xiaomi... and more tech news.
Some of the most widely used messaging apps in the world, including Google Hangouts, Facebook chat, Yahoo Messenger and Snapchat, flunked a best-practices security test by advocacy group the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
The wait is almost over for early adopters of Blackphone, an Android-based smartphone that promises enhanced privacy and security.
The Blackphone security-focused smartphone will go on the market in three weeks and "a few thousand" have already been sold through pre-orders, executives from the device's makers say.
Blackphone, the Swiss start-up that's launching a smartphone with encrypted communications, is planning a series of devices around the same idea, one of the company's co-founders said on Monday.
Dutch telecom operator KPN has struck a deal with encrypted communications provider Silent Circle to start offering its Dutch, German and Belgian customers encrypted phone calls and text messages.
Playing on mobile users' fears of commercial and government surveillance, two companies are building a phone they say is designed to protect privacy. The joint venture between smartphone manufacturer Geeksphone and encrypted communications provider S...
2013 was the year we learned we must encrypt our data if we don't want the likes of the U.S. National Security Agency or the U.K. Government Communications Headquarters reading it as it crosses the Internet.
Two privacy-focused email providers have launched the Dark Mail Alliance, a project to engineer an email system with robust defenses against spying.
A San Francisco-based security company will no longer sell a consumer virtual private network (VPN) service, citing an uncertain legal environment that could threaten its users' privacy.
Companies offering anonymous Web browsing and communication services are seeing a huge increase in business since recent news leaks about the U.S. National Security Agency's mass data collection and surveillance activities.
The U.S. National Security Agency's reported efforts to weaken encryption standards have prompted an encrypted communications company to move away from cryptographic algorithms sanctioned by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NI...
Silent Circle, a company specializing in encrypted communications, released a messaging application for Android devices on Wednesday that encrypts and securely erases messages and files.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW