The vast majority of Android phones can be hacked by sending them a specially crafted multimedia message (MMS), a security researcher has found.
Google will sell wireless service... PayPal buys Paydiant for mobile payments... Look out, GoPro: here comes Xiaomi... and more tech news.
Some of the most widely used messaging apps in the world, including Google Hangouts, Facebook chat, Yahoo Messenger and Snapchat, flunked a best-practices security test by advocacy group the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
The wait is almost over for early adopters of Blackphone, an Android-based smartphone that promises enhanced privacy and security.
The Blackphone security-focused smartphone will go on the market in three weeks and "a few thousand" have already been sold through pre-orders, executives from the device's makers say.
Blackphone, the Swiss start-up that's launching a smartphone with encrypted communications, is planning a series of devices around the same idea, one of the company's co-founders said on Monday.
Dutch telecom operator KPN has struck a deal with encrypted communications provider Silent Circle to start offering its Dutch, German and Belgian customers encrypted phone calls and text messages.
Playing on mobile users' fears of commercial and government surveillance, two companies are building a phone they say is designed to protect privacy. The joint venture between smartphone manufacturer Geeksphone and encrypted communications provider S...
2013 was the year we learned we must encrypt our data if we don't want the likes of the U.S. National Security Agency or the U.K. Government Communications Headquarters reading it as it crosses the Internet.
Two privacy-focused email providers have launched the Dark Mail Alliance, a project to engineer an email system with robust defenses against spying.
A San Francisco-based security company will no longer sell a consumer virtual private network (VPN) service, citing an uncertain legal environment that could threaten its users' privacy.
Companies offering anonymous Web browsing and communication services are seeing a huge increase in business since recent news leaks about the U.S. National Security Agency's mass data collection and surveillance activities.
The U.S. National Security Agency's reported efforts to weaken encryption standards have prompted an encrypted communications company to move away from cryptographic algorithms sanctioned by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NI...
Silent Circle, a company specializing in encrypted communications, released a messaging application for Android devices on Wednesday that encrypts and securely erases messages and files.
Silent Circle also shuttered its encrypted email service a few hours after Lavabit shut down citing an ongoing legal battle.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung event in August portends new smartphone launch
- OnePlus 2 goes official from $329
- Amazon takes on MySQL with Aurora
- Over 10 million Web surfers possibly exposed to malvertising
- Car and pedestrian collision? There'll soon be an app for that
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW