Facebook drone set to fly this year...Windows 10 hit on browser choice...Hacker breaks into GM car using OnStar...and more tech news.
The vast majority of Android phones can be hacked by sending them a specially crafted multimedia message (MMS), a security researcher has found.
Google will sell wireless service... PayPal buys Paydiant for mobile payments... Look out, GoPro: here comes Xiaomi... and more tech news.
Some of the most widely used messaging apps in the world, including Google Hangouts, Facebook chat, Yahoo Messenger and Snapchat, flunked a best-practices security test by advocacy group the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
The wait is almost over for early adopters of Blackphone, an Android-based smartphone that promises enhanced privacy and security.
The Blackphone security-focused smartphone will go on the market in three weeks and "a few thousand" have already been sold through pre-orders, executives from the device's makers say.
Blackphone, the Swiss start-up that's launching a smartphone with encrypted communications, is planning a series of devices around the same idea, one of the company's co-founders said on Monday.
Dutch telecom operator KPN has struck a deal with encrypted communications provider Silent Circle to start offering its Dutch, German and Belgian customers encrypted phone calls and text messages.
Playing on mobile users' fears of commercial and government surveillance, two companies are building a phone they say is designed to protect privacy. The joint venture between smartphone manufacturer Geeksphone and encrypted communications provider S...
2013 was the year we learned we must encrypt our data if we don't want the likes of the U.S. National Security Agency or the U.K. Government Communications Headquarters reading it as it crosses the Internet.
Two privacy-focused email providers have launched the Dark Mail Alliance, a project to engineer an email system with robust defenses against spying.
A San Francisco-based security company will no longer sell a consumer virtual private network (VPN) service, citing an uncertain legal environment that could threaten its users' privacy.
Companies offering anonymous Web browsing and communication services are seeing a huge increase in business since recent news leaks about the U.S. National Security Agency's mass data collection and surveillance activities.
The U.S. National Security Agency's reported efforts to weaken encryption standards have prompted an encrypted communications company to move away from cryptographic algorithms sanctioned by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NI...
Silent Circle, a company specializing in encrypted communications, released a messaging application for Android devices on Wednesday that encrypts and securely erases messages and files.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's big Windows 10 update launches on August 2
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Google tool lets users personalize the ads they see
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT