Apple should end its existing e-book agreements with five major publishers and sign no new price-setting distribution contracts for five years under remedies for e-book price fixing proposed by the U.S. Department of Justice and 33 state attorneys ge...
Simon & Schuster
The company that publishes books under the Macmillan imprint has agreed to allow discounting of its electronic books as part of a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice over price-fixing in the fast-growing e-book market.
Penguin Group has become the latest book publisher to reach a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice in a lawsuit that alleges that Apple and five publishers had conspired to raise e-book prices.
A Seattle law firm has targeted Apple in an e-book price-fixing lawsuit partly because of the company's dominance in smartphone and tablet sales, the firm's managing director said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google beefs Linux up kernel defenses in Android
- Asana's new feature lets users mark what tasks are holding them up
- Oracle and NetSuite: Longtime 'sweethearts' united at last
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia