Apple should end its existing e-book agreements with five major publishers and sign no new price-setting distribution contracts for five years under remedies for e-book price fixing proposed by the U.S. Department of Justice and 33 state attorneys ge...
The company that publishes books under the Macmillan imprint has agreed to allow discounting of its electronic books as part of a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice over price-fixing in the fast-growing e-book market.
Penguin Group has become the latest book publisher to reach a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice in a lawsuit that alleges that Apple and five publishers had conspired to raise e-book prices.
A Seattle law firm has targeted Apple in an e-book price-fixing lawsuit partly because of the company's dominance in smartphone and tablet sales, the firm's managing director said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT