India has decided to allow mobile services operations to be wholly owned by foreign investors, a move that is expected to lead multinationals to take full control of their Indian joint ventures by buying out local partners.
Sistema's mobile services joint venture in India has failed to get the country's Supreme Court to change its decision to cancel its mobile licenses.
India has cut in half the minimum bid price for 2G spectrum to be used by operators of CDMA services, after there were no bidders in an auction for the spectrum last year.
India's auction of mobile spectrum has not attracted new foreign investors, reflecting growing uncertainty about investment policies in the country and the growth potential of its mobile market.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)VIC
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW