India has decided to allow mobile services operations to be wholly owned by foreign investors, a move that is expected to lead multinationals to take full control of their Indian joint ventures by buying out local partners.
Sistema's mobile services joint venture in India has failed to get the country's Supreme Court to change its decision to cancel its mobile licenses.
India has cut in half the minimum bid price for 2G spectrum to be used by operators of CDMA services, after there were no bidders in an auction for the spectrum last year.
India's auction of mobile spectrum has not attracted new foreign investors, reflecting growing uncertainty about investment policies in the country and the growth potential of its mobile market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSAP Project Manager- HR/Payroll- Finance Systems IntegrationNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCF5 Infrastructure AdministratorNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCIT IT Project Management Support - data migration, SAP xECMNSW