Microsoft's patent cross-licensing juggernaut continues with a new agreement with Lenovo.
Microsoft had a working feature that let you see and respond to text messages on your PC inside the Messaging app. Now it's killed that feature to bring it to Skype.
Microsoft-LinkedIn deal: ‘Don’t let exciting possibilities blind you to privacy and security concerns’
Forrester analysts discuss implications of the US$26.2 billion acquisition.
Microsoft Edge now supports Skype calls and video chats without plugins, but conditions apply.
Microsoft’s Skype bots promise to arrange appointments, order food, and book hotels, and more.
Skype announced a new set of animated "Mojis" Wednesday aimed at letting users express their love, with some help from Paul McCartney.
Companies are wary about what employees are doing on their smartphones. Be it data loss or time-wasting, a growing number of employers are actively stopping staff from using certain apps on company-controlled devices.
When the robot apocalypse arrives, don't be surprised if the machines crack jokes about our undoing.
The Skype Translator beta app now can help people say "guten tag" to their friends in Germany, thanks to an update it received on Thursday.
Skype will have to appear in a Belgian criminal court after ignoring a judge's order to give law enforcement officials access to data from calls between suspected criminals.
Microsoft plans to appeal a EU court ruling that found its Skype brand is too similar to that of British satellite broadcaster Sky, which holds a European trademark on audiovisual goods, telephony and software-related services categories.
Skype used two Luxembourg companies and an Irish subsidiary to avoid paying corporate income tax during a five year period, according to documents detailing deals with Luxembourg tax authorities.
Microsoft's upcoming Skype for Web service will use the new WebRTC standard so it works in all modern browsers -- but not right away: Early users will have to download a plugin that's only available on Mac and Windows.
Microsoft has decided to stop routing Skype Internet calls from within India to local landlines and mobile phones, in a move that may signal it is giving in to local regulations.
Italian police in Genoa have opened an investigation into the use of Skype to trap victims into online sexual indiscretions, which are recorded and used as a pretext for extortion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC