While many may hate the tiered pricing models that AT&T rolled out last month, they're also likely the future of mobile data consumption according to analysis by IBM
Android smartphone users can now place calls to their Android smartphone user contacts around the world absolutely free thanks to an updated app from Rebtel. Based in Sweden, Rebtel--which claims to be the world's largest independent mobile VoIP prov...
Skype launched a new software developer kit on Wednesday to help electronics makers embed Skype into any new device they're working on.
Skype has launched a new version of its client for Apple's iPhone that can make calls to other Skype users over a 3G network, it said on Sunday.
Google's recent purchase of codec innovator Global IP Solutions (GIPS) has observers in a froth over a possible showdown between Google Voice service and Skype, the most popular and largely free VoIP service that includes video and conferencing. But ...
The big-screen HDTV is looking more like an oversized smartphone every day--only without the mobility. Not only are Internet-enabled models that run Web applications becoming commonplace, but HDTV apps stores from top manufacturers like Samsung are ...
Skype today launched a Web-based tool to help small and medium sized businesses manage access to the Internet telephony service. Skype Manager replaces Skype Business Control Panel.
Skype this week will start offering plans to let users call international wireline and wireless phones at significantly lower rates than its current pay-as-you-go services.
So you're holding off on the iPad for the 3G version that arrives in a month, dreaming of placing VoIP calls from anywhere as an alternative to your phone. Just don't expect to do so with Skype, yet.
In a move that will have telcos around the world squirming uncomfortably, Nokia and Skype today announced the availability of the well known Internet telephony program for the Symbian operating system.
Skype and Nokia have released a new Skype client for the Symbian mobile OS.
2010 is shaping up to be a good year for Skype. A few weeks back, spokesperson Peter Parkes confirmed the company's VoIP iPhone App would soon be able to access AT&T's 3G network. Now it appears Skype could be making its way to Verizon's network.
Camran Ashraf, an Iranian-American digital activist, was encouraged by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's anticensorship speech Thursday.
Startup ViVu has released a software plug-in for Skype that allows the popular Internet calling service to be used for multipoint videoconferencing.
Skype has released the latest version of its application for the iPhone, adding new features and fixing a couple of annoying bugs that hung up calls.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tell-tale toys open bedroom door to strangers, consumer groups warn
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Developer | Salesforce/JavaNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- TPTest LeadQLD
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA