Three weeks ago, telecommunications company IDT Corp. filed a civil antitrust complaint against eBay and Skype, but the companies, which have also been in a patent dispute since 2006, have now settled all their differences.
While many may hate the tiered pricing models that AT&T rolled out last month, they're also likely the future of mobile data consumption according to analysis by IBM
Android smartphone users can now place calls to their Android smartphone user contacts around the world absolutely free thanks to an updated app from Rebtel. Based in Sweden, Rebtel--which claims to be the world's largest independent mobile VoIP prov...
Skype launched a new software developer kit on Wednesday to help electronics makers embed Skype into any new device they're working on.
Skype has launched a new version of its client for Apple's iPhone that can make calls to other Skype users over a 3G network, it said on Sunday.
Google's recent purchase of codec innovator Global IP Solutions (GIPS) has observers in a froth over a possible showdown between Google Voice service and Skype, the most popular and largely free VoIP service that includes video and conferencing. But ...
The big-screen HDTV is looking more like an oversized smartphone every day--only without the mobility. Not only are Internet-enabled models that run Web applications becoming commonplace, but HDTV apps stores from top manufacturers like Samsung are ...
Skype today launched a Web-based tool to help small and medium sized businesses manage access to the Internet telephony service. Skype Manager replaces Skype Business Control Panel.
Skype this week will start offering plans to let users call international wireline and wireless phones at significantly lower rates than its current pay-as-you-go services.
So you're holding off on the iPad for the 3G version that arrives in a month, dreaming of placing VoIP calls from anywhere as an alternative to your phone. Just don't expect to do so with Skype, yet.
In a move that will have telcos around the world squirming uncomfortably, Nokia and Skype today announced the availability of the well known Internet telephony program for the Symbian operating system.
Skype and Nokia have released a new Skype client for the Symbian mobile OS.
2010 is shaping up to be a good year for Skype. A few weeks back, spokesperson Peter Parkes confirmed the company's VoIP iPhone App would soon be able to access AT&T's 3G network. Now it appears Skype could be making its way to Verizon's network.
Camran Ashraf, an Iranian-American digital activist, was encouraged by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's anticensorship speech Thursday.
Startup ViVu has released a software plug-in for Skype that allows the popular Internet calling service to be used for multipoint videoconferencing.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
- Assange seeks to discuss his US extradition with the feds
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Avaya says bankruptcy is a step toward software and services
- As with PCs, you can now customize Raspberry Pi-like computers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Lead/ArchitectVIC
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD