A US company has upgraded its cross-platform videoconferencing service and at the same time launched a new plan designed to broaden its appeal to the small to medium business (SMB) segment.
Skype, the Internet telephony provider, Thursday urged regulators in Europe to intervene to ensure that users aren't blocked from using their mobile phones to access much cheaper phone calls via the Internet.
Skype today announced that Australian consumers can now use the Skype Online Shop.
Peer-to-peer communications vendor Skype used its Interop keynote slot today to put out a call to traditional PBX vendors, inviting them to make their gear interoperable as the company tries to make inroads with businesses.
Mobile operator 3 UK will allow users to enjoy unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls and messages without ever having to pay, as long as they have a compatible handset and a SIM card from the operator, it said on Thursday.
Now that eBay has set a tentative timetable for spinning off Skype, the question becomes whether the Internet phone company can become a legitimate force as a voice service provider.
Analysts today called Tuesday's announcement that eBay Inc. is looking to spin off Skype via an initial public offering a smart move by the online auction house as it tries to get its house back in order.<br/>
Skype founders Janus Friis and Niklas Zennstrom are trying to <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/11/technology/companies/11skype.html?_r=1">buy back</a> their Internet phone company from eBay, the New York Times reported over the weekend. The pa...
EBay plans to spin off Skype via an initial public offering (IPO) because the Internet telephony unit doesn't mesh with the company's two other businesses - e-commerce and online payments.
Flaws in popular Internet-based telephony systems could be exploited to create a network of hacked phone accounts, somewhat like the botnets that have been wreaking havoc with PCs for the past few years.
Skype unveiled its iPhone and BlackBerry applications at the CTIA Wireless trade show on Tuesday, taking its VoIP capability into the inner sanctum of mobile operators that still depend on voice minutes for most of their revenue.
Skype is set to launch a mobile application for the iPhone on Tuesday, a long-awaited entry to Apple's App Store, and one for BlackBerry devices in May, Skype officials have confirmed.
Skype may launch a version of its mobile Voice-over-IP (VoIP) and instant messaging service as early as next week, according to a report from Om Malik of GigaOM. If true, the application could prove popular with cost-conscious iPhone users who'd like...
Skype carried around 33 billion minutes of international voice calls last year, or around 8 percent of all international voice traffic, according to market researcher TeleGeography.
Skype Technologies SA announced Monday a beta version of its popular voice-over-IP service for businesses that have IP-based switches running on the Session Initiation Protocol.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTJunior IT AdministratorNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCProject AdministratorSA
- CCProgramme and Project SchedulerACT
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCProject DirectorVIC