Microsoft is close to finalizing a deal to buy Internet phone company Skype Technologies for over US$7 billion, and a deal could be announced by Tuesday, according to a news report.
As it promised last week, Skype today began serving up an update to Mac users of its chat and Internet phone software, fixing a dangerous bug that a researcher said could be used to build a worm.
Security researchers revealed a dangerous exploit in Skype for Mac which can be exploited to create a worm that can take control of Mac PCs. This FAQ will help you understand the potential impact of the threat, and what you can do to protect your sys...
Skype plans to push out an important update to its Skype for Mac software next week that will fix a big that could be leveraged by hackers looking to build a self-copying worm program.
Both Facebook and Google are in the running for some sort of joint venture with consumer voice-over IP (VoIP) giant Skype, according to a Reuters article.
Your office is now optional. A recent study from Infonetics Research projects that enterprises will spend $5 billion on videoconferencing and telepresence by 2015. To accommodate the need for instant connectivity and information sharing at the office...
Users of LifeSize Passport video rooms will be able to bring Skype users in to videoconferences with a free LifeSize software upgrade coming this month.
Verizon's just-released "2011 Data Breach Investigations Report" says businesses could prevent most data breaches if they stick to security principles that are cheap and easy to implement.
As smartphones have grown more powerful and complex, so have the threats against them.
The Skype for Android app puts your sensitive data at risk, possibly exposing it to other apps without your knowledge or consent. Skype is working on a fix, but what should you do in the meantime to protect your data?
A recently-discovered vulnerability in Skype's Android app could allow malicious apps access to your personal data. Here's what you need to know about this flaw and how to protect yourself.
Iran may have been involved in an attack that resulted in hackers' acquiring bogus digital certificates for some of the Web's biggest sites, including Google and Gmail, Microsoft, Skype and Yahoo, a certificate issuing firm said today.
There's no denying that Skype is by far the most ubiquitous VoIP service today, but a new project launched this week aims to create an open source alternative.
The Galaxy Tab now has two little brothers: The 4- and 5-inch Galaxy Players. The new "ultra-mobile" Android tablets were unveiled Wednesday morning by Samsung Electronics America President Tim Baxter at a New York press conference.
USANomad asked the Answer Line forum if people can eavesdrop on Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOID) phone calls.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Apple patches iOS security flaws found in spyware targeting activist
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW