Microsoft has agreed to buy Skype for $8.5 billion, the companies announced Tuesday.
Microsoft is close to finalizing a deal to buy Internet phone company Skype Technologies for over US$7 billion, and a deal could be announced by Tuesday, according to a news report.
As it promised last week, Skype today began serving up an update to Mac users of its chat and Internet phone software, fixing a dangerous bug that a researcher said could be used to build a worm.
Security researchers revealed a dangerous exploit in Skype for Mac which can be exploited to create a worm that can take control of Mac PCs. This FAQ will help you understand the potential impact of the threat, and what you can do to protect your sys...
Skype plans to push out an important update to its Skype for Mac software next week that will fix a big that could be leveraged by hackers looking to build a self-copying worm program.
Both Facebook and Google are in the running for some sort of joint venture with consumer voice-over IP (VoIP) giant Skype, according to a Reuters article.
Your office is now optional. A recent study from Infonetics Research projects that enterprises will spend $5 billion on videoconferencing and telepresence by 2015. To accommodate the need for instant connectivity and information sharing at the office...
Users of LifeSize Passport video rooms will be able to bring Skype users in to videoconferences with a free LifeSize software upgrade coming this month.
Verizon's just-released "2011 Data Breach Investigations Report" says businesses could prevent most data breaches if they stick to security principles that are cheap and easy to implement.
As smartphones have grown more powerful and complex, so have the threats against them.
The Skype for Android app puts your sensitive data at risk, possibly exposing it to other apps without your knowledge or consent. Skype is working on a fix, but what should you do in the meantime to protect your data?
A recently-discovered vulnerability in Skype's Android app could allow malicious apps access to your personal data. Here's what you need to know about this flaw and how to protect yourself.
Iran may have been involved in an attack that resulted in hackers' acquiring bogus digital certificates for some of the Web's biggest sites, including Google and Gmail, Microsoft, Skype and Yahoo, a certificate issuing firm said today.
There's no denying that Skype is by far the most ubiquitous VoIP service today, but a new project launched this week aims to create an open source alternative.
The Galaxy Tab now has two little brothers: The 4- and 5-inch Galaxy Players. The new "ultra-mobile" Android tablets were unveiled Wednesday morning by Samsung Electronics America President Tim Baxter at a New York press conference.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInterface AnalystSA
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCSiebel Technical Integration SpecialistACT
- CCICT Service Desk AnalystSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPProject Manager. AutomationNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW