With the launch of Skype 5.0 this week, the PC-based voice over IP (VoIP) and messaging service is now integrated with the Facebook social network. While neither Skype, nor Facebook are typically considered business platforms, the combination of the ...
Skype now allows its users to log into their Facebook accounts and perform a variety of Facebook tasks from within the Skype interface.
Just a few short days ago, the official Skype application finally graced the Android Market. But to much dismay, the communications app lacked the ability to make 3G calls on certain carriers within the US.
The headlines sure sound exciting, but hang on: Skype's long anticipated Android debut is no cause for celebration.
Skype on Tuesday launched Skype for Android, its version of the VoIP software for all phones running on the Google Android operating system. The app, which had been exclusive to Verizon phones, is now available in the Android Market for any Android p...
Skype may finally be available to all Android users after months of Verizon-only exclusivity, but so is FringOut, an alternative contender that offers many features Skype doesn't.
Android smartphone owners can now download a free Skype client from the Android Market that will let them make voice calls over mobile data or Wi-Fi connections -- except in the U.S., where it will work over Wi-Fi only.
Skype has named Tony Bates as its next CEO, hiring him away from Cisco Systems, where he led some of the company's core businesses.
Avaya and Skype signed an agreement Wednesday to offer Skype Connect to Avaya customers to help them lower international voice-calling costs through IP-based calls.
The latest beta version of Skype offers the ability to do group video calls with up to 10 people.
Google, Skype and other companies providing communications services in India will have to make provisions for interception of these communications by India's security agencies, Indian home secretary, G.K. Pillai, said in Delhi on Wednesday, according...
Skype has launched a Session Initiation Protocol-based voice service for businesses that integrates free and low-cost calling into corporate IP PBXs, providing an opportunity to add voice features to corporate Web sites and to cut back on some phone ...
Would-be Internet telephony giant Skype has filed the paperwork for an initial public offering (IPO) on Nasdaq, the company has announced.
Skype is worried about whether the iPhone and other Apple products will undermine its VoIP services and is also insecure about whether it can achieve service levels good enough to lure business customers, according to the company's filing with the U....
Skype SA seeks to raise US$100 million through an initial public offering (IPO) in the U.S., as the Luxembourg-based provider of Internet telephony, video calling and instant messaging communications seeks to diversify and boost its user base and rev...
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 5G will help autonomous cars cruise streets safely
- FCC rolls back net neutrality ISP transparency rules
- Razer's Power Bank boosts your laptop battery while charging two smartphones
- Eleven-year-old root flaw found and patched in the Linux kernel
- Sony reveals the 'world's fastest' SD card
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTHR Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCSAP Billing & Invoicing ConsultantNSW
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW