IT security firm, Check Point, has published a report identifying network security vulnerabilities with EZCast, an HDMI dongle-based TV streamer that converts non-connected TVs into smart TVs.
All Samsung smart TVs sold in 2016 will be IoT-ready, meaning they'll be able to talk to compatible appliances around the home, according to the company.
Samsung’s Internet of Things direction will be away from Android and towards Tizen as it hopes to ease its reliance on the Google-made operating system.
Skylanders may be a popular property for video game consoles, but it's crossing over to Smart TVs with the help of an LG promotion.
Following a five-month wait, Foxtel has made its streamlined IPTV service, Foxtel Play, available to selected 2013 LG Smart TV models.
2012 was an exciting year for the television market. Prices fell significantly for existing technology, with edge-lit LED televisions dropping in price as they stole further market share from already dirt-cheap plasmas.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD