Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Not one but two new Nexus phones? A new Chromecast? The final release of Android Marshmallow? Google could do it all tomorrow.
The iPhone 6s release date seems to be beyond doubt now. Apple is confidently believed to be releasing the new models on September 18 in tier-one countries. This will follow a launch date thought to be September 9...
Despite rumors that Microsoft is about to kill Windows Phone, some industry observers say that's unlikely for several reasons, especially the expected gains from the rollout of Windows 10, which will run on smartphones and other devices.
Apple is cooking up such an iPhone upgrade path, with a wave of rumors warning the next iteration will be faster, thinner, and possibly even curvier than before.
This week the G4 smartphone from LG Electronics starts shipping outside its home country, with arrivals in the U.S. and Europe expected in a couple of weeks. While the smartphone has a great screen and camera, it doesn't get everything right.
A year is a long time in smartphone technology today, so remember if you can the changes that have taken place over the last decade.
Apple's Tim Cook has kicked back against critics with new iPhones, the Apple Watch and future big business, Apple Pay, but there are some questions for Apple fans:
This may be anathema for someone in the business of writing about tech to say, but I'm not all that interested in iPhone rumors. Shipping products are what grab my attention, not unicorns and phantasms. The minute Tim Cook holds up the new device is ...
Budget smartphones keep getting better as software matures and components become cheaper. Some companies have produced inexpensive smartphones that are good enough to replace your big-brand flagship. Others haven’t had the same success.
Flagships from the leading Android manufacturers are on sale now in Australia. There’s the 5.2in Xperia Z2 from Sony, the 5.1in Galaxy S5 from Samsung and the 5in One (M8) from HTC. All three are fantastic choices, but one of them will go down as an ...
In this guide we show you the ways in which you can use your phone's or tablet's Bluetooth transmitter to send music to your existing stereo system.
As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
Google and Samsung have grown closer over the past week following Google's sale of Motorola to Lenovo and a 10-year global patent cross-license agreement signed by the tech giants.
By selling Motorola Mobility to Lenovo, Google is ending a combination that never really worked out while keeping assets that could prove valuable down the road.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW