We’ve reviewed many phones this year. Usually the later models are better than the older ones, but which ones had the most impact and which ones stood the test of time. Here are the contenders for our Phone of the Year 2016 award.
There’s some debate surrounding what a mid-range phone actually is. We find that there are cheap phones under $300, some good-value phones up to around $500, then a collection of mid-range phones up to $600. However, if you push a little harder you g...
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Not one but two new Nexus phones? A new Chromecast? The final release of Android Marshmallow? Google could do it all tomorrow.
The iPhone 6s release date seems to be beyond doubt now. Apple is confidently believed to be releasing the new models on September 18 in tier-one countries. This will follow a launch date thought to be September 9...
Despite rumors that Microsoft is about to kill Windows Phone, some industry observers say that's unlikely for several reasons, especially the expected gains from the rollout of Windows 10, which will run on smartphones and other devices.
Apple is cooking up such an iPhone upgrade path, with a wave of rumors warning the next iteration will be faster, thinner, and possibly even curvier than before.
This week the G4 smartphone from LG Electronics starts shipping outside its home country, with arrivals in the U.S. and Europe expected in a couple of weeks. While the smartphone has a great screen and camera, it doesn't get everything right.
A year is a long time in smartphone technology today, so remember if you can the changes that have taken place over the last decade.
Apple's Tim Cook has kicked back against critics with new iPhones, the Apple Watch and future big business, Apple Pay, but there are some questions for Apple fans:
This may be anathema for someone in the business of writing about tech to say, but I'm not all that interested in iPhone rumors. Shipping products are what grab my attention, not unicorns and phantasms. The minute Tim Cook holds up the new device is ...
Budget smartphones keep getting better as software matures and components become cheaper. Some companies have produced inexpensive smartphones that are good enough to replace your big-brand flagship. Others haven’t had the same success.
Flagships from the leading Android manufacturers are on sale now in Australia. There’s the 5.2in Xperia Z2 from Sony, the 5.1in Galaxy S5 from Samsung and the 5in One (M8) from HTC. All three are fantastic choices, but one of them will go down as an ...
In this guide we show you the ways in which you can use your phone's or tablet's Bluetooth transmitter to send music to your existing stereo system.
As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Java and Python FTP attacks can punch holes through firewalls
- Intel's Atom is underwhelming no more: New chip packs 16 cores
- Don’t wait for 5G: LTE could be your key to IoT
- LTE speeds outpace home internet with new Qualcomm and Intel modems
- Fingerprint scanning is coming to Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTERP Data Migration Consultant - Software Company - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- CCData Analyst - SAS - Immediate Start RequiredNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC