LG has joined companies including Samsung, HTC and Research In Motion in deciding to sign a deal with patent licensing company Intellectual Ventures.
Apple will need new LED back-light solutions for the next-generation iPad if it increases the resolution of the display, according to reports from Apple's supply chain.
The iPhone 4S's battery-drain problem has been a hot issue over the past week. Apparently the location-services system in iOS 5 is the main culprit behind the rapid loss of battery power.
Owners of HTC phones will have to wait until early 2012 for their device's mobile OS to be upgraded to Google’s Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.
Gavin Kim, a high-ranking executive in Samsung's mobile group, has left for Microsoft to help it build the fledgling Windows Phone 7 product line.
Early next year, seven smartphones from HTC will be upgraded to Android 4.0, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich, the company said on Monday.
There was mixed news on PC and microprocessor market growth this week, while the Groupon initial public offering Friday showed that there are plenty of people betting that social media will continue to drive technology trends.
Intel and MIPS Technologies expect the next version of Google's mobile operating system, Android 4.0, to soon run on tablets and smartphones based on their processors.
The European Union's top antitrust authority has launched an investigation into Samsung's use of patents to block sales of Apple products.
Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android, is likely to ease the fragmentation of the operating system, some device executives said on Thursday.
HTC has announced the launch of the Sensation XL and Sensation XE Android smartphones in Australia, the first two smartphones in the country that include integrated Beats Audio.
HTC on Thursday introduced a Rezound smartphone that will ship ready to upgrade to Android 4.0.
Apple became one of the world's most successful technology companies under Steve Jobs, and it remains to be seen whether new leader Tim Cook can sustain the company's market dominance and magic.
Many people today carry multiple mobile devices to access data anyplace, anytime. But a question always lingers: between a smartphone, laptop and tablet, which should you carry on the road?
Mozilla developers hope to start testing phones running its new mobile operating system this quarter, with product demos slated for the first quarter next year and "productization" set for before June 2012, according to a road map on the project's we...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle/PL/SQL) 160930/AP/vtdAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW