LG has joined companies including Samsung, HTC and Research In Motion in deciding to sign a deal with patent licensing company Intellectual Ventures.
Apple will need new LED back-light solutions for the next-generation iPad if it increases the resolution of the display, according to reports from Apple's supply chain.
The iPhone 4S's battery-drain problem has been a hot issue over the past week. Apparently the location-services system in iOS 5 is the main culprit behind the rapid loss of battery power.
Owners of HTC phones will have to wait until early 2012 for their device's mobile OS to be upgraded to Google’s Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.
Gavin Kim, a high-ranking executive in Samsung's mobile group, has left for Microsoft to help it build the fledgling Windows Phone 7 product line.
Early next year, seven smartphones from HTC will be upgraded to Android 4.0, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich, the company said on Monday.
There was mixed news on PC and microprocessor market growth this week, while the Groupon initial public offering Friday showed that there are plenty of people betting that social media will continue to drive technology trends.
Intel and MIPS Technologies expect the next version of Google's mobile operating system, Android 4.0, to soon run on tablets and smartphones based on their processors.
The European Union's top antitrust authority has launched an investigation into Samsung's use of patents to block sales of Apple products.
Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android, is likely to ease the fragmentation of the operating system, some device executives said on Thursday.
HTC has announced the launch of the Sensation XL and Sensation XE Android smartphones in Australia, the first two smartphones in the country that include integrated Beats Audio.
HTC on Thursday introduced a Rezound smartphone that will ship ready to upgrade to Android 4.0.
Apple became one of the world's most successful technology companies under Steve Jobs, and it remains to be seen whether new leader Tim Cook can sustain the company's market dominance and magic.
Many people today carry multiple mobile devices to access data anyplace, anytime. But a question always lingers: between a smartphone, laptop and tablet, which should you carry on the road?
Mozilla developers hope to start testing phones running its new mobile operating system this quarter, with product demos slated for the first quarter next year and "productization" set for before June 2012, according to a road map on the project's we...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCProcess Analysts, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC