Nokia's first flagship Windows Phone 7 device, the Lumia 800, isn't just another handset from another hardware maker. It's the future of Nokia, as the company puts the bulk of its high-end smartphone efforts into Microsoft's mobile OS.
Nokia is betting its future on Microsoft’s mobile OS, and has introduced its first Windows Phone 7 device, the Lumia 800.
The Apple iPhone is attracting more new subscribers than expected to Sprint Nextel, and it will probably ease rather than worsen congestion on the carrier's 3G network, Sprint executives said as they announced third-quarter results on Wednesday.
Getting two Windows Phone-based smartphones ready for Nokia World was quite an accomplishment for the phone maker, but it still must overcome many challenges to turn around its smartphone business, according to analysts.
Reader Paul Boyce finds that the iPhone 4S's camera is inconsistent when it comes to autofocus.
If you ask Siri, the virtual personal assistant on the iPhone 4S, why it's so great, it answers with disarming humility: 'I am what I am.'
The Commonwealth Bank has unveiled a new banking application for Apple iPhones that allows users to wirelessly pay for goods and services using NFC (Near Field Communication) technology.
Smartphones are constantly and rapidly evolving -- which can make sticking to a two-year commitment increasingly hard. Herewith, a quick look at five of our current favorites.
Over the weekend I wrote an article titled "What If Steve Jobs Is Right?" As the title implies, the post was a hypothetical look at the possibility that Steve Jobs' assertion that Android is a "stolen product" is true.
As Nokia World approaches on Wednesday, details about the Finnish firm's Windows Phone 7.5 -- that's Mango -- lineup are beginning to emerge.
The head of Google's Android mobile OS, Andy Rubin, doesn't think your smartphone should be your personal assistant. In comments made during an interview at the AsiaD conference this week, Rubin downplayed the impact of Siri -- the voice interactive ...
A Danish study that monitored 350,000 cell phone users over an 18-year period found no link between mobile phone subscriptions and an increased risk of cancer.
Optus will exclusively launch the HTC Rhyme Android phone in Australia on 1 November. Described as "elegant" and clearly marketed towards women, the Rhyme includes a charm accessory that glows when you receive a call or text message.
Nokia reported a net loss and a fall in revenue for the third quarter, despite selling more phones than analysts had expected.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer had some nasty things to say about Google's Android operating system. But the iPhone? Not so much.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of an innovation programVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerNSW
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- TPSharePoint SpecialistQLD
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW