Apple has changed the antenna in the new iPhone 4S so that the cellular radio in the phone can choose between two antennas, depending on which one is sending or receiving signal best. These two antennas are part of the stainless steel band that wraps...
With the attention on Apple this week and the unveiling of the iPhone 5...I mean iPhone 4S, it is easy to forget about other mobile devices. But, Microsoft is pushing out "Mango" to current Windows Phone 7 users, and new Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" dev...
Samsung Australia has confirmed it is expecting to launch its Galaxy Note Android smartphone in Australia in "early 2012".
If an iPhone goes missing, well, there's an app for that. (It's Apple's venerable.) But where's the equivalent for Android? Surely there must be some app-tastic way to locate a rogue Android handset.
Apple will launch an LTE-capable handset just as soon as an affordable, thinner chipset solution is available, analyst house IHS iSuppli has said.
Apple surprised many people when it introduced its new iPhone 4S - not because people weren't expecting a phone. They were just expecting a different one.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has issued warnings to 20 online retailers selling illegal mobile phone jammers, GPS jammers, Wi-Fi jammers and other signal jamming devices, the agency said Wednesday.
The CTIA mobile trade group is asking a federal court to stop San Francisco from making cell-phone retailers post warnings about radiation dangers from phones, just a week before an annual trade show that CTIA moved out of the city because of the law...
Samsung Electronics is greeting the new iPhone with more legal action. The company plans to file preliminary injunction motions in Milan, Italy and in Paris asking the courts to block sales of the iPhone 4S, Samsung said on Wednesday.
The new iPhone 4S unveiled Tuesday has four important wireless networking enhancements that its predecessor lacked, including dual-network world phone capabilities and the fact that it is available through a third U.S. carrier: Sprint.
Time to get over the fact that Apple didn’t announce the iPhone 5, but instead introduced the iPhone 4S, which boasts a collection of upgrades nonetheless. Here’s a quick spin through what’s new.
Oracle on Tuesday showed JavaFX rich client software running on both an Apple iPad and a Google Android-based Samsung Galaxy tablet, along with introducing a separate project using HTML5 to bring Java to Apple's iOS platform, called Project Avatar.
Apple's new iPhone 4S has some impressive upgrades, including voice controls, a faster processor, and a better camera. But to millions of tech fans hoping to be dazzled by Apple's latest creation, the 4S is, well, a tad disappointing. Here are the to...
In case you missed it, Apple held a little event today. While no iPhone 5 was unveiled, Apple did announce a retooled, and updated iPhone 4 - the iPhone 4S - which will be available on October 14.
Apple today unveiled the new iPhone, the iPhone 4S. More of an upgrade to the iPhone 4 than a new model (thus the lack of the "iPhone 5" moniker), the iPhone 4S uses the same dual-core 1GHz Apple A5 processor as in the iPad 2, up from the iPhone 4's ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW