Apple's iPhone 4S launches this Friday 14 October and it hasn’t taken long for the telcos to react: Optus and Vodafone detailed pricing and plan information for the new iPhone over the weekend.
Mango, Android and tablet could be the big buzzwords at the upcoming CTIA Enterprise & Applications event in San Diego.
For those who believe Apple corners the market in elegance for technology products, take a look at a new handset released in Europe yesterday by LG Electronics -- and running Microsoft software.
The battle for the living room is heating up, and Sony needs to take over Sony Ericsson in order to better compete with the likes of Samsung and a more aggressive Apple as home electronics sector products become increasingly converged, according to a...
Nokia's N9 smartphone -- the first to run the company's MeeGo operating system -- is now available through Telstra after the telco detailed pricing and plans on its Web site.
In August 2010, hackers bent on jailbreaking Android smartphones found a vulnerability in the way the Android debugger handled an overwhelming number of processes. The code designed to exploit the flaw, dubbed RageAgainstTheCage, allowed users to ref...
Speculation for months suggested Apple would put an Near-Field Communication chip in its next iPhone. But when the iPhone 4S was unveiled this week, the mobile payment technology was missing from the device.
Apple's new iPhone 4S, despite failing to win over many pundits, bloggers and early adopters, nevertheless seems destined to be as successful as the old iPhone.
HTC has announced its latest smartphone in its Sensation series, the XL, with the Beats audio technology, will go on sale at the beginning of November across Europe and Asia.
New research conducted on behalf of the Wi-Fi Alliance shows that while wireless users are making strides on the security front, they’re still leaving their Wi-Fi networks too open to intruders.
Apple has changed the antenna in the new iPhone 4S so that the cellular radio in the phone can choose between two antennas, depending on which one is sending or receiving signal best. These two antennas are part of the stainless steel band that wraps...
With the attention on Apple this week and the unveiling of the iPhone 5...I mean iPhone 4S, it is easy to forget about other mobile devices. But, Microsoft is pushing out "Mango" to current Windows Phone 7 users, and new Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" dev...
Samsung Australia has confirmed it is expecting to launch its Galaxy Note Android smartphone in Australia in "early 2012".
If an iPhone goes missing, well, there's an app for that. (It's Apple's venerable.) But where's the equivalent for Android? Surely there must be some app-tastic way to locate a rogue Android handset.
Apple will launch an LTE-capable handset just as soon as an affordable, thinner chipset solution is available, analyst house IHS iSuppli has said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCService DeskWA
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW