A Seattle law firm has targeted Apple in an e-book price-fixing lawsuit partly because of the company's dominance in smartphone and tablet sales, the firm's managing director said.
Some popular apps store sensitive data such as user names and passwords and credit card information in plain text on your phone's memory, making the data an easy target for hackers. A Chicago-based mobile forensics company called viaForensics recentl...
Wolfram Alpha on Tuesday became the latest company to ask a court to protect it from a lawsuit from Lodsys, the company that has been suing mobile application developers.
A German court's ruling on Monday that bars distribution of Samsung's Android-based Galaxy Tab 10.1 in most of Europe shocked many. It also raises some long-term licensing worries for Android globally, some believe.
HTC faces even more pressure from Apple, now that the U.S. International Trade Commission has agreed to investigate another patent-infringement complaint against the Android phone maker.
Lenovo will launch a new tablet and smartphone during the third quarter in the Le series which has so far been launched only in China, according to a company spokesperson.
Career criminal Willie Sutton was often quoted saying that he robbed banks "because that's where the money is." The legend sounds good, but Sutton actually said in his biography, "Go where the money is...and go there often."
Advanced Micro Devices is not immediately chasing the market for smartphones as it does not align with the company's strength in technologies like graphics, according to an an executive
An explosion in mobile malware in the first half of 2011 has exponentially increased the chance of an Android device getting infected according to one study. Unfortunately for Android users, another study shows that they are the least aware of securi...
A 10-year-old California girl's presentation at a hacker conference in Las Vegas is getting a lot of attention.
OmniVision is making camera phones even smaller -- again. This time the mobile camera sensor maker is promising an quarter-inch, 8-megapixel OV8850 CMOS sensor that the company says is "20 percent" slimmer than any competing 8-megapixel module.
Oracle has asked an Illinois court to force Motorola to hand over information relevant to Oracle's lawsuit against Google.
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation on Friday <a href="http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/august/child_080511/child_080511">introduced its first mobile app</a>: an iPhone application aimed at helping parents whose children go missing.
HTC aims to boost its mobile backup and sync services with the acquisition of Seattle company Dashwire.
In an escalation of Android patent battles, Microsoft said it urged Google's legal team to join Microsoft in buying up hundreds of Nortel patents, but Google refused.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HelloSign branches out to fix frustrating forms
- Staying alive: DDR5 memory is on its way
- Windows 10 Creators Update rolls ahead with early access and date for phones
- US Senator: Russia used 'thousands' of internet trolls during election
- Samsung reboots its smart home, IoT strategy with the Galaxy S8
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTJunior Business Consultant - HR / PayrollWA
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- CCWintel Engineers - NV1ACT
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!WA
- FTfinance Project Manager (Workforce Management)NSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportVIC
- CCProject Manager Retail Supply Chain OptimisationVIC
- CCITCM EngineerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTJunior Network EngineerNSW
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- FTTeam LeaderNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD