Some popular apps store sensitive data such as user names and passwords and credit card information in plain text on your phone's memory, making the data an easy target for hackers. A Chicago-based mobile forensics company called viaForensics recentl...
Wolfram Alpha on Tuesday became the latest company to ask a court to protect it from a lawsuit from Lodsys, the company that has been suing mobile application developers.
A German court's ruling on Monday that bars distribution of Samsung's Android-based Galaxy Tab 10.1 in most of Europe shocked many. It also raises some long-term licensing worries for Android globally, some believe.
HTC faces even more pressure from Apple, now that the U.S. International Trade Commission has agreed to investigate another patent-infringement complaint against the Android phone maker.
Lenovo will launch a new tablet and smartphone during the third quarter in the Le series which has so far been launched only in China, according to a company spokesperson.
Career criminal Willie Sutton was often quoted saying that he robbed banks "because that's where the money is." The legend sounds good, but Sutton actually said in his biography, "Go where the money is...and go there often."
Advanced Micro Devices is not immediately chasing the market for smartphones as it does not align with the company's strength in technologies like graphics, according to an an executive
An explosion in mobile malware in the first half of 2011 has exponentially increased the chance of an Android device getting infected according to one study. Unfortunately for Android users, another study shows that they are the least aware of securi...
A 10-year-old California girl's presentation at a hacker conference in Las Vegas is getting a lot of attention.
OmniVision is making camera phones even smaller -- again. This time the mobile camera sensor maker is promising an quarter-inch, 8-megapixel OV8850 CMOS sensor that the company says is "20 percent" slimmer than any competing 8-megapixel module.
Oracle has asked an Illinois court to force Motorola to hand over information relevant to Oracle's lawsuit against Google.
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation on Friday <a href="http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/august/child_080511/child_080511">introduced its first mobile app</a>: an iPhone application aimed at helping parents whose children go missing.
HTC aims to boost its mobile backup and sync services with the acquisition of Seattle company Dashwire.
In an escalation of Android patent battles, Microsoft said it urged Google's legal team to join Microsoft in buying up hundreds of Nortel patents, but Google refused.
The best way to protect business information on smartphones from cybercriminals is to leave that information off smartphones, according to a mobile security expert.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT