A German court's ruling on Monday that bars distribution of Samsung's Android-based Galaxy Tab 10.1 in most of Europe shocked many. It also raises some long-term licensing worries for Android globally, some believe.
HTC faces even more pressure from Apple, now that the U.S. International Trade Commission has agreed to investigate another patent-infringement complaint against the Android phone maker.
Lenovo will launch a new tablet and smartphone during the third quarter in the Le series which has so far been launched only in China, according to a company spokesperson.
Career criminal Willie Sutton was often quoted saying that he robbed banks "because that's where the money is." The legend sounds good, but Sutton actually said in his biography, "Go where the money is...and go there often."
Advanced Micro Devices is not immediately chasing the market for smartphones as it does not align with the company's strength in technologies like graphics, according to an an executive
An explosion in mobile malware in the first half of 2011 has exponentially increased the chance of an Android device getting infected according to one study. Unfortunately for Android users, another study shows that they are the least aware of securi...
A 10-year-old California girl's presentation at a hacker conference in Las Vegas is getting a lot of attention.
OmniVision is making camera phones even smaller -- again. This time the mobile camera sensor maker is promising an quarter-inch, 8-megapixel OV8850 CMOS sensor that the company says is "20 percent" slimmer than any competing 8-megapixel module.
Oracle has asked an Illinois court to force Motorola to hand over information relevant to Oracle's lawsuit against Google.
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation on Friday <a href="http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/august/child_080511/child_080511">introduced its first mobile app</a>: an iPhone application aimed at helping parents whose children go missing.
HTC aims to boost its mobile backup and sync services with the acquisition of Seattle company Dashwire.
In an escalation of Android patent battles, Microsoft said it urged Google's legal team to join Microsoft in buying up hundreds of Nortel patents, but Google refused.
The best way to protect business information on smartphones from cybercriminals is to leave that information off smartphones, according to a mobile security expert.
A potentially damning e-mail from a Google engineer will be permitted at trial in Oracle's lawsuit against the search giant, a judge ordered on Thursday.
Skype has released version 2.1 of its application for Android, which allows more smartphones and tablets based on Google's operating system to use its video calling feature, it said in a blog post on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Australia lagging decades behind in cyber security efforts: ACCS
- Google's Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) speed up web browsing for users
- Iran orders messaging apps to store data of local users in the country
- Staring at your phone? The next ARM chips are just for you
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC