High Tech Computer (HTC) named its first chief content officer this week, showing how the Taiwanese smartphone maker aims to push more deeply into content, in addition to hardware, for a long-term competitive edge.
Sprint may have groaned after rival carrier AT&T announced plans earlier this week to gobble up T-Mobile, but that didn't stop the carrier from debuting two splashy wireless devices at CTIA Tuesday.
HTC has just announced the first Windows Phone 7 device with a 4.3-inch screen for AT&T.
Telstra will launch the Windows Phone 7-powered HTC HD7 smartphone in Australia on Tuesday 29 March.
The Femto Forum has published a set of API (Application Programming Interface) specifications, which will allow for the creation of applications that can be integrated with femtocells, the industry organization said on Tuesday.
Opera Software has released updated versions of its Mini and Mobile smartphone browsers, and adapted the browsers' interface for tablets, the Norwegian company said on Tuesday.
Amazon has opened the Appstore for Android, providing another option for app shopping to U.S. users of smartphones with Google's operating system.
Telstra will introduce unlimited text messages on a selection of its new mobile phone cap plans, which are set to be announced on March 29, according to Gizmodo.
Vodafone today announced that Nokia's C7 smartphone is now available in Australia, and will offer customers who purchase the phone free apps from Nokia's Ovi Store until 31 May.
Telstra is finally offering visual voicemail to its customers who use an iPhone, but will charge $5 a month for the service.
Apple's iPhone 5 is still months away from becoming a reality, but that hasn't stopped the rumour mill going into overdrive. The latest word is that the fifth generation of Apple's smartphone will feature a larger 4in edge-to-edge display, along with...
Nokia-owned Navteq has launched Destination Maps, which will add more detail to indoor maps, starting with large shopping centers, the company said on Monday.
AT&T will buy T-Mobile USA for $US39 billion in cash and stock, easily making AT&T the nation's largest wireless carrier, ahead of top-ranked competitor Verizon Wireless and reducing the number of major national wireless carriers from four to three.
The latest Android smartphone loaded Web pages 52 per cent faster than iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3, according to thousands of independent field tests released today by Blaze Software.
Android hasn't just surpassed Apple's iPhone in terms of total device sales, but in Web page load time as well.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 Kogan Agora 4G review
- 4 Motorola Moto E review
- 5 OnePlus One: An Australian review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Amazon building ad system to compete with Google's
- Airbnb to reveal 124 New York hosts to attorney general
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- HP loses its leader on NFV, a key carrier network trend
- Google acquires Gecko Design for next-generation products
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW