Mozilla, the makers of the Firefox browser, hopes to revolutionize the modern operating system with Boot to Gecko, a universal-platform OS primary aimed at mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets that could theoretically drive futuristic deskt...
Thanks to Apple's App Store, Google's Android Market and a number of smaller online stores, the explosive growth of mobile application downloads continues.
InterDigital on Tuesday said it has filed complaints with the U.S. International Trade Commission and federal court against Nokia, Huawei and ZTE, charging the companies with patent infringement.
Like cleaning the windows, IT security can be a thankless task because they only notice when you don't do it. But to get the job done in the era of virtualization, smartphones and cloud computing, you've got to avoid technical and political mistakes....
Do we really need another 3D smartphone? HTC seems to think so, following its announcement that the HTC EVO 3D smartphone will be available in Australia through Telstra and Vodafone in September.
As hard as it may be to believe, it was just over two years ago that Research in Motion was still considered one of the premiere innovators of the smartphone industry.
Mozilla has launched a new project to build an operating system for mobile devices that will run applications primarily on the Web.
Research in Motion, which has been losing ground to Apple, Google and even Microsoft in the mobile market, announced Monday it is cutting 2,000 jobs, or about 11 per cent of its workforce.
iOS 5's on-device delta updates can't come soon enough. Just a week and a half after releasing iOS 4.3.4, Apple has dropped iOS 4.3.5.
Despite Android's strong overall growth, enterprises appear to continue to be wary of the mobile operating system, according to data released by Good Technology.
Research in Motion will lay off 2,000 staff, or a little more than 10 percent of its workforce, and make changes to its senior management team, it announced Monday. Chief Operating Officer for Blackberry, Don Morrison, will retire, but Co-CEOs Jim Ba...
Motorola may start looking at ways to make more money from its patent portfolio, if investor Carl Icahn has his way.
Every week at PC World, we are aiming to bring you a smartphone or tablet app of the week, based on the lovely recommendations by our senior editorial staff.
Sun Microsystems offered to license its Java technology to Google for $US100 million, a Google attorney said, attempting to show that Oracle is out of touch as it seeks billions from Google for patent infringement.
After announcing smartphones with a dedicated Facebook button, HTC is trying the same formula in China. This time it will have a button connecting to one of the country's largest Twitter-like services in the country.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA