Thanks to Apple's App Store, Google's Android Market and a number of smaller online stores, the explosive growth of mobile application downloads continues.
InterDigital on Tuesday said it has filed complaints with the U.S. International Trade Commission and federal court against Nokia, Huawei and ZTE, charging the companies with patent infringement.
Like cleaning the windows, IT security can be a thankless task because they only notice when you don't do it. But to get the job done in the era of virtualization, smartphones and cloud computing, you've got to avoid technical and political mistakes....
Do we really need another 3D smartphone? HTC seems to think so, following its announcement that the HTC EVO 3D smartphone will be available in Australia through Telstra and Vodafone in September.
As hard as it may be to believe, it was just over two years ago that Research in Motion was still considered one of the premiere innovators of the smartphone industry.
Mozilla has launched a new project to build an operating system for mobile devices that will run applications primarily on the Web.
Research in Motion, which has been losing ground to Apple, Google and even Microsoft in the mobile market, announced Monday it is cutting 2,000 jobs, or about 11 per cent of its workforce.
iOS 5's on-device delta updates can't come soon enough. Just a week and a half after releasing iOS 4.3.4, Apple has dropped iOS 4.3.5.
Despite Android's strong overall growth, enterprises appear to continue to be wary of the mobile operating system, according to data released by Good Technology.
Research in Motion will lay off 2,000 staff, or a little more than 10 percent of its workforce, and make changes to its senior management team, it announced Monday. Chief Operating Officer for Blackberry, Don Morrison, will retire, but Co-CEOs Jim Ba...
Motorola may start looking at ways to make more money from its patent portfolio, if investor Carl Icahn has his way.
Every week at PC World, we are aiming to bring you a smartphone or tablet app of the week, based on the lovely recommendations by our senior editorial staff.
Sun Microsystems offered to license its Java technology to Google for $US100 million, a Google attorney said, attempting to show that Oracle is out of touch as it seeks billions from Google for patent infringement.
After announcing smartphones with a dedicated Facebook button, HTC is trying the same formula in China. This time it will have a button connecting to one of the country's largest Twitter-like services in the country.
Once the darling of the smartphone industry, Finnish phone manufacturer Nokia is now finding itself adrift.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCIT IT Project Management Support - data migration, SAP xECMNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCProject DirectorWA
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA