Until this year, Google Ventures partner Rich Miner recommended to mobile application startups funded by his company that they start out by developing for Apple's iOS rather than Android.
Google is launching on Tuesday a redesigned Android Market client for phones that is intended to better showcase top applications and features an improved UI and faster downloading of products.
Research in Motion says its two-year-old BlackBerry App World has crossed the 1 billion app download mark and that a beta version of the app store upgrade is on the way.
Apple has enough courtroom action going on right now to fill up half-a-dozen prime-time legal dramas. Fortunately, you don't need to worry about keeping your HTC and Samsung patent disputes straight--we do it for you in another edition of Under the G...
More people are bringing their own tablets and smartphones to work but IT departments have been slow to support them and may not even be aware of the trend, according to a report funded by Unisys and conducted by IDC.
Telstra has announced the pricing and immediate availability of HTC's latest Android smartphone, the HTC Sensation.
Hewlett-Packard appointed a new executive on Monday to lead the development of its webOS software, with former Palm CEO Jon Rubinstein taking on a broader role in the HP group that makes PCs, tablets and handhelds.
There will be not just one new iPhone launched by Apple in September but two, according to a report.
Oracle this week filed what is likely the first of several requests that the patent office reconsider its initial rejection of a patent relevant to Oracle's legal dispute with Google.
Ever been on an endless search for a bottle opener during a big night out? Two Australian entrepreneurs feel your pain and have designed an iPhone case that double as a bottle opener.
Charging goods, particularly of the digital variety, to a mobile-phone bill may get more commonplace in the U.S. now that eBay plans to buy Zong, a Silicon Valley company.
Will handset makers maintain their dedication to Android if they have to pay to license it? That's the question experts following Google's battle with Oracle are asking, and some of them think the answer is no.
Apple's iPhone 5 may be just months away from becoming a reality, with the latest rumours suggesting an August or September release. Just exactly what does Apple have up its sleeve to entice consumers in 2011?
Coloring is getting a 21st-century makeover, courtesy of Crayola and Griffin Technology. And best of all, the combination iPad app and stylus offering introduced by the two companies Wednesday means there's almost no chance that your kids will wind u...
Smartphone vendor High Tech Computer (HTC) will acquire graphics chip maker S3 Graphics for US$300 million, strengthening its patent portfolio in the process.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
- Telstra increases NBN market share
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW