Nokia CEO Stephen Elop used his keynote at the Open Mobile Summit in London Thursday to explain, again, why the company chose the Windows Phone OS for its smartphones and insisted during a question-and-answer session that, despite persistent rumors t...
Next-generation applications will be location-specific, offering users information and features related to where they are at any given moment, Adobe Systems CTO Kevin Lynch, said at the Open Mobile Summit conference on Thursday.
While Google's software can't make the trains run on time, it can now tell you just how late they'll be.
Every day in large and small offices across America, business workers ignore the PC or desk phone and grab their smartphones for convenient voice, email and Internet access. But delivering high quality cellular service inside office buildings is a ch...
Verizon Wireless Wednesday confirmed that it plans to start selling the Samsung Galaxy S II "superphone" sometime in July, making it one of several U.S. carriers that are expected to sell the device.
The good thing about being an adult is you get to make your own decisions. The bad thing? You get to make your own decisions - and live with the consequences.
Intel's upcoming Medfield chip will be an acid test of the chip maker's ability to enter the smartphone market and battle ARM, analysts said.
Apple this morning unveiled the latest version of its mobile operating system, iOS 5, particularly focussing on an overhauled notifications system, an 'iMessage' service, wireless syncing, a 'Newsstand' app, and built-in Twitter integration. However,...
With the unveiling of its iCloud service today, Apple is hoping you’ll like the new MobileMe.
Motorola is backtracking on comments its CEO made last week about the impact Android apps have on phone performance.
Google is giving Android Market users a new way to evaluate applications even as it struggles to keep malicious ones off the store.
HTC plans to release an SDK for Sense, the user interface it features on Android phones.
Motorola's CEO blamed the open Android app store for performance issues on some phones.
Telstra has beaten rival Optus to the launch of the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play Android phone, with the device available in selected Telstra 'flagship stores' from tomorrow, priced at $960 outright.
Vodafone has begun taking pre-orders for Samsung's Galaxy S II Android smartphone, with deliveries of the handset set to commence 'from the end of June' for customers who order online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW