Everything Everywhere, O2 and Vodafone plan to create a joint venture in the U.K. that will allow users to pay for goods using NFC-equipped phones, they said on Thursday.
Nokia is infringing on a patent owned by German company IPCom, the U.K. High Court ruled today. IPCom will be seeking damages and an injunction banning the sale of the Finnish company's 3G phones, it said in a statement.
If you are a mobile developer and not making any money on your Android applications, don't give up. A good name, focus and offering paying users the right incentives can help, according to<a href="http://blog.getjar.com/developer/nobody%e2%80%99s-pay...
If you own an Android phone and you are a subscriber to Sony's cloud-based Qriocity music service on the PlayStation and PC, you're in luck: Sony has just announced the launch of a dedicated Qriocity app for Android smartphones.
Following a recent uproar over the ways in which Apple and Google collect location information from mobile users, two U.S. senators have proposed a law that would require companies to get permission from mobile users before sharing that information w...
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) will allow its most frequent flyers to check in using NFC-compatible stickers, the company said on Tuesday.
Don't put any dirt on Nokia's coffin just yet--the company still has some life in it. A victory in its patent war with Apple means a new revenue stream for Nokia, and a stronger position to enforce its patent portfolio with other mobile device makers...
Google removed more malware-infected applications from its Android Market last week, according to a security researcher who reported the rogue software to the company.
Microsoft is trying to woo Android application developers, offering them help in porting applications to Windows Phone.
Sprint's renewed partnership with Motorola, announced today, will result in more than 10 smartphones and tablets for sale in 2011, including Motorola's first WiMax phone for Sprint, the Photon 4G.
Sprint, Samsung and Google are investigating customer complaints about problems with Nexus S smartphone connections and the deletion of photos taken with the devices, a Sprint spokesman said.
Nearly 1 billion smartphones will be shipped globally in 2015, almost double the amount for all of 2011, as millions of people seek out the more powerful mobile phones that are dropping in price, market research firm IDC said.
Sprint has launched its long-rumored Photon 4G, its first Motorola Android phone running the Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core ARM processor.
Nokia CEO Stephen Elop used his keynote at the Open Mobile Summit in London Thursday to explain, again, why the company chose the Windows Phone OS for its smartphones and insisted during a question-and-answer session that, despite persistent rumors t...
Next-generation applications will be location-specific, offering users information and features related to where they are at any given moment, Adobe Systems CTO Kevin Lynch, said at the Open Mobile Summit conference on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProcess Engineer- TelcoVIC
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT