If you own an Android phone and you are a subscriber to Sony's cloud-based Qriocity music service on the PlayStation and PC, you're in luck: Sony has just announced the launch of a dedicated Qriocity app for Android smartphones.
Following a recent uproar over the ways in which Apple and Google collect location information from mobile users, two U.S. senators have proposed a law that would require companies to get permission from mobile users before sharing that information w...
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) will allow its most frequent flyers to check in using NFC-compatible stickers, the company said on Tuesday.
Don't put any dirt on Nokia's coffin just yet--the company still has some life in it. A victory in its patent war with Apple means a new revenue stream for Nokia, and a stronger position to enforce its patent portfolio with other mobile device makers...
Google removed more malware-infected applications from its Android Market last week, according to a security researcher who reported the rogue software to the company.
Microsoft is trying to woo Android application developers, offering them help in porting applications to Windows Phone.
Sprint's renewed partnership with Motorola, announced today, will result in more than 10 smartphones and tablets for sale in 2011, including Motorola's first WiMax phone for Sprint, the Photon 4G.
Sprint, Samsung and Google are investigating customer complaints about problems with Nexus S smartphone connections and the deletion of photos taken with the devices, a Sprint spokesman said.
Nearly 1 billion smartphones will be shipped globally in 2015, almost double the amount for all of 2011, as millions of people seek out the more powerful mobile phones that are dropping in price, market research firm IDC said.
Sprint has launched its long-rumored Photon 4G, its first Motorola Android phone running the Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core ARM processor.
Nokia CEO Stephen Elop used his keynote at the Open Mobile Summit in London Thursday to explain, again, why the company chose the Windows Phone OS for its smartphones and insisted during a question-and-answer session that, despite persistent rumors t...
Next-generation applications will be location-specific, offering users information and features related to where they are at any given moment, Adobe Systems CTO Kevin Lynch, said at the Open Mobile Summit conference on Thursday.
While Google's software can't make the trains run on time, it can now tell you just how late they'll be.
Every day in large and small offices across America, business workers ignore the PC or desk phone and grab their smartphones for convenient voice, email and Internet access. But delivering high quality cellular service inside office buildings is a ch...
Verizon Wireless Wednesday confirmed that it plans to start selling the Samsung Galaxy S II "superphone" sometime in July, making it one of several U.S. carriers that are expected to sell the device.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCWeb DeveloperACT