China Unicom announced a new smartphone and software platform Monday, Wophone, that will rival Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and China Mobile's Ophone offerings.
Despite the fact that his company specializes in designing device hardware, Motorola CEO Sanjay Jha thinks the tablet market's future is largely out of his hands.
HTC has announced that its Desire Z Android smartphone will launch in Australia in 'mid-March' exclusively through Vodafone.
Following a three month exclusivity deal with Telstra, the ruggedised Motorola Defy Android phone is now available through Optus.
Sprint Monday debuted a host of smartphone security services as part of its Total Equipment Protection package.
All of Motorola's high-end smartphones will soon be able to work with a docking station that provides them with a large screen and keyboard when needed, the company's CEO said Monday.
A rogue Android app that's been tweaked by hackers can hijack a smartphone and run up big texting bills before the owner knows it, Symantec said today.
While devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and Android are in most cases welcomed into the corporate world, there's uncertainty about how to fit them into enterprise IT security practices that have been concerned so long by Microsoft Windows.
New rumors say that Apple has got white right this time, and will unveil a white iPad 2 when the company announces the next version of its popular tablet, expected later this week.
It's a conundrum facing many of today's workers: how to carry the latest and greatest smartphone with fun, personal apps and securely access corporate data from the same device.
Nokia and Microsoft joining forces to better compete with Apple and Google's Android OS will be good for the smartphone market, Vodafone Germany's CEO Jan Geldmacher said in an <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr72zluB44g">interview</a> at the...
The Commonwealth Bank today released its NetBank mobile banking application for Google Android smartphones.
Verizon and Motorola are teaming up to give public safety agencies access to their own LTE networks that can be supplemented by Verizon coverage when needed.
Poor etiquette by mobile users is rampant and getting worse every day as use of smartphones and other wireless devices continues to mushroom, according to an Ipsos survey of U.S. adults.
Next week Apple will spill the beans on the iPad 2, which can only mean one thing: It's time to start focusing on the iPhone 5 -- which will (probably) be announced in June.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTClient Services Manager | Digital Client Services ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Online Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW