Business travelers and other people on the fly will like Google's upgrade to the mobile version of its news site if they don't mind the omnipresent search engine knowing where they are.
New partners Microsoft and Nokia have joined forces, hoping to invalidate Apple's trademark registration for the terms<strong> </strong>APP STORE and APPSTORE in Europe, according to a statement issued<strong> </strong>by Microsoft.
Apple is in the hot seat again in a new lawsuit that says iPad and iPhone user location data and other personal information is being shared with third-party advertisers. Apple is accused of aiding and abetting the "intentional taking and transmittin...
Thirty-five percent of Android and iPhone owners in the U.S. use apps such as Facebook on their smartphone before even getting out of bed, according to a survey conducted by telecommunications equipment vendor Ericsson.</a>
The mobile computing technology explosion has brought out seriously organized, international and profit-driven cybercriminals.
Open-source collaboration platform provider Open-Xchange has a released Mobile Web App, which gives smartphone users online and offline access to appointments, e-mails and contacts while on the road, the company said on Tuesday.
Acer on Wednesday charged its former chief executive officer, Gianfranco Lanci, with performance issues, after he had criticized the company's resistance to globalization in interviews with the media.
Symbian and Microsoft Windows Mobile platforms have been the proving ground for mobile malware over the past five years, but a new Juniper Networks report states that Google Android now takes "the crown" as the platform getting the most attention fro...
The Android mobile powerhouse is cruising to new heights with 100 million activated devices, 4.5 billion applications downloaded from the Android Market, and 450,000 developers building tools for Android phones and tablets, Google said Tuesday as it ...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer today promised that the company would continue to develop and support Skype on rival platforms.
Google kicked off its annual Google I/O developers conference by giving people what they'd been speculating about for months - an online music service.
Samsung is set to launch the highly anticipated dual-core Galaxy S II Android phone on 26 May in Australia, following its launch in Korean and UK markets.
Representatives of Apple and Google denied that they are collecting the personal information of owners of smartphones running their operating systems, but a U.S. senator questioned whether those denials were accurate during a hearing Tuesday.
Samsung's Galaxy S II Android phone is currently receiving some fantastic reviews from experts around the world, and the hype seems to have done Samsung plenty of favours — it claims three million Galaxy S II devices have been pre-ordered globa...
Google's Android was the top smartphone operating system in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2011, overtaking the market share of Research in Motion's BlackBerry and keeping Apple's iPhone in the third position, according to ComScore.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW