ViewSonic has unveiled the world's first dual-SIM Android smartphone, the V350.
Windows Phone 7 users looks set to be able to enjoy Angry Birds on their handsets after the game's developer Rovio confirmed it was planning a version for Microsoft's mobile platform
2011 is the year that mobile security is going mainstream. Here at 2011 RSA Conference in San Francisco many of the security software companies I've spoken to have either released--or are planning to release a mobile security app of some sort.
The world's top handset makers are meeting this week to finalize a version of an advanced mobile communication standard that would raise data transfer speeds to 1Gbps, an event organizer said on Monday.
Apple's iPhone 5 is still months away from becoming a reality, but that hasn't stopped the rumour mill goin into overdrive. Just what does Apple have up its sleeve to entice consumers in 2011?
We know that Apple’s mobile application subscription scheme is unpopular with publishers, but now analyst firm Forrester’s CEO is panning it too.
The HTC HD Mini, also previously known as Photon, is pretty old as far as smartphones go -- the Windows Mobile 6.5 phone was first released back in February 2010. So a XDA Developer member has given the cellphone a new lease of life by bringing Andro...
Do wireless service giants such as AT&T and Verizon wield their power to effectively stand in the way of mobile-device security?
RIM's BlackBerry brought smartphones before the public eye; Apple's iPhone made them a must-have fashion accessory. Google's Android provided a platform on which a multitude of manufacturers could build its own competing devices.
HTC's announcement of two smartphones linked closer than ever to Facebook will lead an industry trend, analysts say, but despite the social network's popularity most users will ultimately prefer handhelds without the special feature.
BARCELONA -- AT&T Chairman Randall Stephenson today prodded carriers, manufacturers and regulators around the globe to create openness and interoperability in mobile devices, platforms and networks in a keynote address at the Mobile World Congres...
Apple today unveiled the details of its App Store subscription plan, and confirmed that it will demand its usual 30 per cent from publishers who sell content within their apps.
Sintek Photronic, a Taiwan-based maker of touch panel sensors, has signed with Samsung Mobile Display a deal to help the South Korean company overcome a shortage of smartphone parts.
The Google Android-based Motorola Mobility Xoom tablet will start at about $600 for a Wi-Fi only version – a price that should be much more competitive with Apple iPad pricing than was initially thought.
If you find your smartphone and other devices demand too much attention and drive you bonkers, industry experts agree.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Kobo develops an eReader for Australia's beaches
- Traces of Regin malware may date back to 2006
- Hands-on with the Samsung NX1 camera
- Symantec identifies sophisticated, stealthy 'Regin' malware
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW