Apple's explanation about how and why iPhones track users' locations was too late, too little, a crisis communications expert said today.
Research In Motion warned that its first-quarter smartphone shipments are likely to be lower than expected, cutting its earnings forecast for the quarter.
Verizon may finally be preparing to start offering a Windows Phone 7 smartphone, following months of rumors about the launch date.
The launch of Apple's iPhone 4 in a white casing generated a long line of Chinese customers outside one of the company's stores in Beijing on Thursday.
Telstra has announced that all AFL games will be streamed live to mobile phones and tablets from 2012, following a landmark $1.25 billion AFL television rights deal.
Google has today announced that its Google Docs app is now available for Android phones, allowing users to view and edit and share documents on their smartphone.
Apple on Wednesday released a statement about its iPhone location tracking, clarifying its practices and promising changes via a software update.
Apple today denied that it tracks iPhone and iPad users, saying that "users are confused" about the issue.
Apple has today announced that the white version of its popular iPhone 4 is now on sale, nine months after the original iPhone 4 hit the shelves in Australia.
Besieged Vodafone will offer its customers free SMS messages for 12 hours on Sunday 1 May after a "technical fault" prevented users from sending and receiving text messages on Easter Sunday.
Telstra has made its latest 'Freedom Connect' mobile phone plans available for consumers who want to use their existing mobile, but customers will still have to sign a 12 month contract.
Given how much confusing and often contradictory information has been filling the media over the last week, it wouldn't surprise me if some iPhone users were calling in priests to exorcise the demons of privacy invasion.
An iPhone user and an iPad user have sued Apple over its location tracking database on their devices. The federal class action suit alleges that Apple's tracking violates the U.S. Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
Let's say you scored a boondoggle to Los Angeles for a business conference, and instead sneaked off to nearby Disneyland with the family for a vacation on the corporate dime. Or maybe you simply told your boss you were meeting a client, but hit the g...
A recently published Apple patent application indicates the company may have plans to collect iPhone user location history but it's not clear if the patent application is related to the recent discovery that iPhones and iPads store historical locatio...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW