For the first time in its short history, Google Android is now the No.1 mobile operating system in the world, according to research firm Canalys.
Vodafone, with 28 million cellular customers in Egypt, and France Telecom restored mobile voice services there on Saturday, one day after service stopped because the government demanded the cut-off, Vodafone said on its Web site.
The first expected Windows Phone 7 firmware update is due to be released next Monday, if you believe some English language tech Web sites, which are reporting on rumors from French tech Web sites, which appear to be based on even earlier rumors from ...
ARM is offering two new processors -- the Cortex-R5 and Cortex-R7 -- which will help next-generation smartphones and tablets take better advantage of increasing mobile broadband speeds, the company said on Monday.
Shipments of Android-based smartphones reached 32.9 million worldwide in the fourth quarter of 2010, making Android the best-sellingoperating system for smartphones, market research company Canalys said on Monday.
AT&T reported Thursday it had 95.5 million wireless subscribers at the end of 2010, putting it ahead of Verizon Wireless, which reported earlier this week that it had 94.1 million.
Need an always-on mobile phone with access to the Internet regardless of the patchwork of cell network coverage? The TerreStar Genus is an innovative smartphone that can not only make and take regular cell calls, but also connect with a satellite any...
What is a wireless subscriber? And what is a wireless customer? The difference is important when it comes to the two largest U.S. wireless carriers.
Telstra has published a post on its exchange blog, noticed by Ausdroid, hinting that the telco may launch Motorola's Atrix Android smartphone in Australia.
A Microsoft executive said this week the company shipped more than 2 million copies of its revamped operating system, Windows< Phone 7, in the most recent quarter. The careful admission at once triggered another spasm of misconstrued, misinterpreted,...
Nokia reported an increase in sales for the fourth quarter, but profit declined as the company continues to struggle in the high-end smartphone segment.
As the number of smartphones continues to grow, e-mail usage on mobile phones is also soaring and has become mainstream in the U.S., according a study by ComScore.
We love a good rumour or leak, and this time it's Samsung's plans for its Mobile World Congress (MWC) announcement in Barcelona next month.
Google Wednesday released a preview of the software development kit for Android 3.0, which has been designed specifically for mobile devices with larger screens, particularly tablets.
If you've ever wanted to wrestle your phone number away from the carriers, now's your chance.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
- Uber suspends Nevada operations, affecting nearly 1,000 jobs
- Sony confirms development of e-paper smartwatch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC