Microsoft on Wednesday announced 1,500 new developer tools coming in May for the next version of the Windows Phone operating system, code-named Mango, that's due in the fall.
Microsoft has started a certification program that identifies consumer mobile handsets best supporting Microsoft Exchange's most crucial management capabilities, the company announced Wednesday.
HTC's latest smartphone, the Sensation, has a dual-core 1.2GHz processor from Qualcomm that holds the promise of faster graphics and is due to ship in Europe in the second quarter, the company said at an event in London on Tuesday.
Intel is establishing a joint innovation center with Tencent, one of China's largest Internet firms, to develop products and services around the chip maker's MeeGo mobile operating system and devices using its Atom processors.
Nokia launched an updated version of its Symbian^3 mobile operating system on Tuesday, along with two phones running the software, the X7 and the E6.
Intel has hinted that is developing another next-generation chip for tablets, called "Cloverview," as part of its ongoing strategy to make its Atom processors more power-efficient.
Eight notorious apps from gambling to baby shaking that were yanked from app stores.
What was once an expensive, high-end Android smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S, is now available from Vodafone from a paltry $29 per month, which could mean the second-generation Galaxy S II is set to make an appearance at the carrier.
Tired of all the will-they, won't-they iPhone 5 stories? Or are you secretly kind of jubilant each time they pronounce the iPhone-next's arrival "later than expected"? I'm talking about those of you who picked up a Verizon iPhone 4 in February (okay,...
Nokia's recent decision to close the source code for its Symbian smartphone OS likely won't affect most application developers or consumers.
Google has acquired Canadian mobile application developer PushLife, the companies said Monday.
Frequent "teleconferencers" with BlackBerry smartphones take note: Research In Motion (RIM) today released a beta version of its new BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing application. With the app, which integrates with the BlackBerry OS, RIM handheld users...
The developer of an unauthorized tool that Windows Phone 7 customers could use to force an update for their phones explained on Friday that he pulled the tool at Microsoft's request.
The professional networking site LinkedIn has finally announced the availability of an application for Android-based smartphones.
Our colleagues over at IDC caused some chuckles to break out across the tech world when they predicted that Microsoft's Windows phones will beat the iPhone in market share by 2015. Impossible! Absurd! seemed to be the default responses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMACT