Microsoft on Wednesday rolled out some updates to its Bing for Mobile browser service including real-time public transportation updates for select cities and the inclusion of apps in results when searching on the iPhone.
High Tech Computer (HTC) named its first chief content officer this week, showing how the Taiwanese smartphone maker aims to push more deeply into content, in addition to hardware, for a long-term competitive edge.
Sprint may have groaned after rival carrier AT&T announced plans earlier this week to gobble up T-Mobile, but that didn't stop the carrier from debuting two splashy wireless devices at CTIA Tuesday.
HTC has just announced the first Windows Phone 7 device with a 4.3-inch screen for AT&T.
Telstra will launch the Windows Phone 7-powered HTC HD7 smartphone in Australia on Tuesday 29 March.
The Femto Forum has published a set of API (Application Programming Interface) specifications, which will allow for the creation of applications that can be integrated with femtocells, the industry organization said on Tuesday.
Opera Software has released updated versions of its Mini and Mobile smartphone browsers, and adapted the browsers' interface for tablets, the Norwegian company said on Tuesday.
Amazon has opened the Appstore for Android, providing another option for app shopping to U.S. users of smartphones with Google's operating system.
Telstra will introduce unlimited text messages on a selection of its new mobile phone cap plans, which are set to be announced on March 29, according to Gizmodo.
Vodafone today announced that Nokia's C7 smartphone is now available in Australia, and will offer customers who purchase the phone free apps from Nokia's Ovi Store until 31 May.
Telstra is finally offering visual voicemail to its customers who use an iPhone, but will charge $5 a month for the service.
Apple's iPhone 5 is still months away from becoming a reality, but that hasn't stopped the rumour mill going into overdrive. The latest word is that the fifth generation of Apple's smartphone will feature a larger 4in edge-to-edge display, along with...
Nokia-owned Navteq has launched Destination Maps, which will add more detail to indoor maps, starting with large shopping centers, the company said on Monday.
AT&T will buy T-Mobile USA for $US39 billion in cash and stock, easily making AT&T the nation's largest wireless carrier, ahead of top-ranked competitor Verizon Wireless and reducing the number of major national wireless carriers from four to three.
The latest Android smartphone loaded Web pages 52 per cent faster than iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3, according to thousands of independent field tests released today by Blaze Software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook takes a swing at Pinterest with Chrome extensions
- IBM just found a way to turn toxic old smartphones into medical-grade plastic
- Microsoft Sway gets its first paid features
- Thousands of hacked CCTV devices used in DDoS attacks
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC