There's a lot to watch in the nighttime sky -- everything from the International Space Station and meteor showers to planets and stars.
After an unsuccessful first outing, Microsoft's second-effort Kin phones are available from Verizon, this time with a different operating system, slightly different pricing options and without their most popular feature.
Some Nokia N8 smartphones are turning themselves off or refusing to turn on after charging. Nokia has identified a manufacturing problem and has promised to replace the small number of affected phones it said in a blog post on Thursday.
Apple's iPhone continues to dominate rival smartphones in customer satisfaction, a research firm said today.
Apple's iPhone continues to be the top-scorer in customer satisfaction, but the big surprise is that Motorola Android phones have climbed into second place, based on the latest survey of new smartphone users by ChangeWave Research.
Steve Jobs may not want to admit that Apple's iPhone will ultimately lose the market to Android, but Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has no such hesitations.
Android tied with iOS in October as the smartphone operating systems most often hitting Millennial Media's mobile advertising network.
Not content to gobble up smartphone market share, the Android operating system is poised to capture 15 per cent of the tablet market in 2011, according to IMS Research.
A task force led by the GSM Association will take a look at how SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) cards embedded in non-phone devices can be remotely programmed and activated, in an effort to expand the use of mobile broadband , the organization said ...
China Unicom plans on releasing its own Linux-based smartphone at the end of the year in China, as the company confronts sluggish revenue growth and increasing competition.
Microsoft doesn't earn billions of dollars every month by giving away its software. But even Microsoft is no stranger to offering freebies in a bid to increase customer loyalty.
Research in Motion's attitude toward mobile applications seems to be, "If you can't beat 'em, dismiss 'em."
Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile have joined forces to build a mobile commercial payment network that will let customers use smartphones as credit cards.
Google has today unveiled its Maps Navigation Beta service in Australia, offering free turn-by-turn navigation through the Google Maps application on all Android smartphones.
Two-thirds of wireless carriers say their networks are suffering due to the surge in data traffic. They're racing to apply a wide range of technical and tariff changes to cope with the problem, and with the growing customer dissatisfaction, according...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW