Samsung is dropping support for Symbian from its Mobile Innovator developer support program, it said in a letter sent out on Thursday.
Google has expanded the number of countries where paid applications are offered on Android Market. Developers in 20 more countries will be able to sell their applications, and users in 18 additional countries will be able to purchase those apps, the ...
Search giant Google has bowed to developer demand and started allowing Australians to sell software through its mobile applications market.
One year ago, if you told an average person you were thinking about buying an Android, they'd have thought you were some sort of robot-mongering madman.
iPass unveiled an application Thursday designed to give <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9178688/Android_news_reviews_more">Android</a> smartphone users secure connections to 150,000 Wi-Fi hotspots globally.
Despite what had been growing excitement about the semiconductor market this year, one research company is lowering its chip revenue forecast for 2010.
Online banking is about to get even more convenient for PayPal users who will soon be able to deposit checks via their iPhone. Simply sign the back of your check, take a picture of the front and back of the check, and hit send on the PayPal iPhone Ap...
Nokia announced that its highly anticipated N8 smartphone started shipping this week, amid reports last week of delays in shipping the device to those who preordered the phone. The N8 is Nokia's latest attempt to regain its share of the smartphone ma...
Network management vendor William Data Systems says it has created an iPhone app that lets users manage IBM's z/OS mainframe environment.
Apple's rollout of the iPhone 4 in June temporarily slowed down demand for Google Android smartphones, but a new study shows consumers are again very hungry for Android devices.
Microsoft may be one of the only remaining mobile operating-system providers that charges handset makers a licensing fee, but in exchange vendors get at least one important benefit: protection from intellectual property worries.
The first units of Nokia's N8 have left factories in China and Finland, and the smartphone will become broadly available in the coming weeks, the company said on Thursday.
A free Android application to be unveiled on Thursday at the Mobilize conference in San Francisco will let mobile phone users send and receive text messages without touching or looking at the phone.
Research in Motion has apparently learned some lessons after the underwhelming response the company received to its BlackBerry Torch smartphone.
Next-generation smartphones and tablets will run multiple operating systems and powerful cloud applications like high-definition gaming thanks to the growing use of virtualization on mobile devices, experts said this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW