Next-generation smartphones and tablets will run multiple operating systems and powerful cloud applications like high-definition gaming thanks to the growing use of virtualization on mobile devices, experts said this week.
Android’s growing success as a smartphone operating system is bringing a long-simmering problem to light: A lot of Android applications are being pirated. The openness of the platform has made it easy for people to steal applications without paying f...
A recent test of prototype security code for Android phones found that 15 of 30 free Android Market applications sent users' private information to remote advertising servers, without the users being aware of what was being sent or to whom. In some c...
Research in Motion's BlackBerry Enterprise Server has tons of management and security features for the popular handhelds. But it lacks tools to let helpdesk staff remotely troubleshoot user problems.
Amazon is said to be readying an Android app store and tablet, a move that should boost Google's mobile platform while also challenging Google's own Android Market.
Mobile application development tools vendor Rhomobile plans to unveil on Wednesday an extension to its software-as-a-service platform that will enable developers to build applications for Apple's iPhone via a Windows PC.
Sony Ericsson has unveiled a remote control with a 1.3-inch screen that will allow Android smartphone users to view Facebook and Twitter updates and control their phone's music player.
HTC has partnered with Optus to launch its latest Android smartphone in Australia, the HTC Aria.
The special edition Droid R2-D2 smartphone goes on sale Thursday. In a galaxy far, far, away, or maybe at your nearest Verizon Wireless store, the Droid R2-D2, a special edition of the Droid 2 smartphone from Motorola, will be for sale Thursday for ...
More developers are actively engaged in creating iPhone and iPad apps than apps for other mobile platforms today, but a new survey from Appcelerator indicates the momentum is shifting.
Stores in China are starting to sell out of Apple's iPhone 4, just two days after the device was launched there.
The so-called Facebook Phone is again a hot topic on the rumor mill, courtesy of a Bloomberg report, but Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg continued to deny the speculation, saying there are no plans to build an iPhone competitor.
Designer Billy May's concept smartphone, the Seabird, might never be produced. But the underlying concepts in the phone -- and inside May's head-- are a wonder, nonetheless.
Forthcoming Windows Phone 7 devices are expected to have most of the required features of today's smartphones -- an application store, a 5-megapixel or better camera, a touchscreen, gaming -- but there's one it won't have, and that's tethering.
Apple launched its iPhone 4 in China Saturday morning, attracting a massive crowd of people to one of the company's new stores in Beijing.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCERP LeadWA
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW