Designer Billy May's concept smartphone, the Seabird, might never be produced. But the underlying concepts in the phone -- and inside May's head-- are a wonder, nonetheless.
Forthcoming Windows Phone 7 devices are expected to have most of the required features of today's smartphones -- an application store, a 5-megapixel or better camera, a touchscreen, gaming -- but there's one it won't have, and that's tethering.
Apple launched its iPhone 4 in China Saturday morning, attracting a massive crowd of people to one of the company's new stores in Beijing.
Research in Motion launched a BlackBerry for Business blog Friday, bearing a post from its lead contributor simply named "Roger," who has been a RIM marketing employee since 2001.
The hottest concept mobile phone right now doesn't come from Apple, Google, Motorola or HTC. It was developed by a designer in his spare time as part of a Mozilla Labs project.
If you're sick of buying a brand new cell phone every other year, you're certainly not alone. Consumers are holding on to their phones for longer than ever these days, according to the latest survey from J.D. Power and Associates.
Sony Ericsson won't start updating its Android-based Xperia X10 smartphones until the end of October, according to a Thursday blog post.
Tiered data pricing is coming to Verizon Wireless customers within four to six months, Verizon Communications CEO Ivan Seidenberg said at an investor conference early Thursday.
Nokia is partnering with AT&T to offer $US10 million in prizes to mobile application developers targeting North American users, in yet another attempt from the mobile giant to make an impact in the U.S.
Optus has announced overnight that it will exclusively sell Dell's Streak tablet in Australia for three months beginning October 1, joining the Apple iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab in the hotly contested tablet market.
Companies are increasingly spending their smartphone dollars on Google Android devices, at least in part at the expense of RIM BlackBerry devices, according to ChangeWave Research’s latest numbers.
An HTC exec may have inadvertently confirmed that Windows Phone 7 is coming in October.
Users of iPhones, iPads or Android-based smartphones can access virtualized Windows desktops using version 3.1 of Kaviza's VDI-in-a-box product, the company said on Wednesday.
Corporations are jumping on the Google smartphone bandwagon, with Android device growth outpacing Apple's iPhone 20-fold in the last three months, a market researcher said today.
Verizon Wireless will push Android 2.2, or Froyo over the air to Motorola Droid X smartphones on Wednesday, though customers can now start updating to the new OS now on their own, the carrier said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Identity thieves obtain 100,000 electronic filing PINs from IRS system
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia