A recent test of prototype security code for Android phones found that 15 of 30 free Android Market applications sent users' private information to remote advertising servers, without the users being aware of what was being sent or to whom. In some c...
Research in Motion's BlackBerry Enterprise Server has tons of management and security features for the popular handhelds. But it lacks tools to let helpdesk staff remotely troubleshoot user problems.
Amazon is said to be readying an Android app store and tablet, a move that should boost Google's mobile platform while also challenging Google's own Android Market.
Mobile application development tools vendor Rhomobile plans to unveil on Wednesday an extension to its software-as-a-service platform that will enable developers to build applications for Apple's iPhone via a Windows PC.
Sony Ericsson has unveiled a remote control with a 1.3-inch screen that will allow Android smartphone users to view Facebook and Twitter updates and control their phone's music player.
HTC has partnered with Optus to launch its latest Android smartphone in Australia, the HTC Aria.
The special edition Droid R2-D2 smartphone goes on sale Thursday. In a galaxy far, far, away, or maybe at your nearest Verizon Wireless store, the Droid R2-D2, a special edition of the Droid 2 smartphone from Motorola, will be for sale Thursday for ...
More developers are actively engaged in creating iPhone and iPad apps than apps for other mobile platforms today, but a new survey from Appcelerator indicates the momentum is shifting.
Stores in China are starting to sell out of Apple's iPhone 4, just two days after the device was launched there.
The so-called Facebook Phone is again a hot topic on the rumor mill, courtesy of a Bloomberg report, but Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg continued to deny the speculation, saying there are no plans to build an iPhone competitor.
Designer Billy May's concept smartphone, the Seabird, might never be produced. But the underlying concepts in the phone -- and inside May's head-- are a wonder, nonetheless.
Forthcoming Windows Phone 7 devices are expected to have most of the required features of today's smartphones -- an application store, a 5-megapixel or better camera, a touchscreen, gaming -- but there's one it won't have, and that's tethering.
Apple launched its iPhone 4 in China Saturday morning, attracting a massive crowd of people to one of the company's new stores in Beijing.
Research in Motion launched a BlackBerry for Business blog Friday, bearing a post from its lead contributor simply named "Roger," who has been a RIM marketing employee since 2001.
The hottest concept mobile phone right now doesn't come from Apple, Google, Motorola or HTC. It was developed by a designer in his spare time as part of a Mozilla Labs project.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
- HP sells PCs in a new way as it tries to speed up upgrades
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia