While the latest version of the Android operating system runs on Samsung's Galaxy Tab, it isn't configured to run on tablets in general, according to Google's director of mobile products.
Hiring an American CEO isn't all Nokia has to do if it wants to succeed in the U.S., mobile industry analysts said on Friday.
Optus has released a new national traffic service called Optus Trafficview, which will give users a real-time view of traffic conditions.
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
Microsoft will launch Windows Phone 7 on 11 October at an event in New York, according to a report on the Pocket-lint Web site.
Americans are increasingly stuffing their smartphones with apps, with games leading the way and productivity apps in the middle of the pack.
Apple's App Store approval policy has dumbfounded mobile app developers for years, but that's about to change. On Thursday, Apple handed mobile developers a fig leaf in the form of a surprise statement that promised it would be more transparent about...
About 20 per cent of mobile phone users said the antenna problem on the iPhone 4 caused them not to buy one. But more than 60 per cent said it was because of Apple's exclusive carrier contract with AT&T -- and that they couldn't use carrier Verizon W...
Smartphones are among employees' favorite playthings, but keeping workplace toys like the iPhone in good order is a real job in the enterprise, and those that do it say it's tough to find suitable security and management software.
The spectrum shortage is forcing mobile operators to experiment more with pricing models, new technologies and partnerships, executives speaking at the Mobile Future Forward event in Seattle said Wednesday.
Rhomobile will announce Wednesday version 2.0 of its development-as-a-service platform for building smartphone applications.
Apple has revealed that the iOS 4.1 update will be launched tomorrow.
The Samsung Fascinate smartphone goes on sale online Wednesday for $US199.99 after rebate and will be in Verizon Wireless stores on Thursday.
IDC today said that Global smartphone shipments will jump by 55 per cent this year compared to 2009, and 10 per cent more than projections it made earlier this year.
LG Electronics on Tuesday announced a new series of smartphones with next-generation dual-core processors, which should provide a big leap in performance while maintaining device battery life.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
- The Yahoo hackers weren't state-sponsored, a security firm says
- AMD has its eyes on Las Vegas with Polaris GPUs
- Nvidia teases Volta GPU in next-gen Xavier self-driving car computer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW