iPhone dongles can do everything from high-speed data transfers to testing for HIV.
Microsoft has launched an upgraded version of the Nokia 105 phone, but a growing interest in smartphones will make it difficult for the company to repeat the success of the original version.
Against the odds, Canonical and Spanish company BQ are continuing to push Ubuntu for smartphones over Android and iOS. BQ's second Ubuntu phone is a step up from its inaugural effort, and the two companies are also working on a smartphone that's also...
If you hate waiting for restaurant servers and can't abide mistakes in your order, there's an app -- and a mat -- for that.
Google Now is getting new capabilities with a new "Now on Tap" update that should make it easier to find contextually-relevant information.
Google on Thursday gave a quick glimpse of a variety of new features coming to its next-generation operating system, dubbed Android M, during a keynote at Google I/O.
Smartphones and smartwatches won't just display content, but will also be able to beam it on to tabletops, walls and even to the eye, according to Lenovo.
Earlier this month, Sidecar expanded its mobile ride hailing service to deliver medical marijuana in San Francisco. It's not the only substance the startup wants to bring to your door.
Cell phones are constantly transmitting radio signals, whose energy can also be used to boost the battery life of mobile devices.
French start-up Infinit has customized its iOS client for Apple's iPads and partnered with HTC to put its free software for speeding up file sharing on the company's smartphones.
Sony's new flagship smartphone, the Xperia Z4, will be called the Xperia Z3+ when it goes on sale outside Japan in June. The phone has a sleeker design, faster processor and better front camera than the Z3 it replaces.
Electronics maker Sharp is showing off smartphones that can play back video at rates up to 2,100 frames per second (fps) for a smoother slow motion effect.
BlackBerry plans to lay off an unspecified number of staff in its devices unit, as it attempts to make that business profitable, while expanding in other areas.
Many smartphones can stand up to a splash or a dip in fresh water, but they don't go too well in seawater due to the corrosive salt.
Lenovo's recent acquisitions have taken a bite out of the company's earnings, with its net profit in the first quarter dropping 37 percent despite strong PC sales.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCCloud Specialist | CHEF | 3mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCPMO Support SpecialistVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW