Despite slower than expected sales last year, smartwatch sales will grow at a healthy rate and will have the highest revenue potential of all wearables through 2019, according to Gartner.
Maturing technologies have made smartwatches a reality and the release of Apple’s Watch is expected to drive adoption in Australia. Testing many smartwatches has helped us grow to appreciate the features smartwatches have to offer.
I have spent 24 hours with the Apple Watch and I don’t hate it. Inherently I should; I hate all smartwatches because who knows what they do, or what they are supposed to do. But my hate is turning to indifference and I fear it could evolve further st...
Updated, 18 Nov: Well behaved children could be up for a smartwatch this Christmas if they play their cards right. The category is being hailed as the ‘next big thing’ by electronic companies, even though most remain clueless on how smartwatches will...
Apple's Tim Cook has kicked back against critics with new iPhones, the Apple Watch and future big business, Apple Pay, but there are some questions for Apple fans:
Wearable technology is being heralded as the next big thing and the big companies are competing to see who can crack the form factor first. We don’t yet know what potential wearable tech has, but today we look at one of the more popular renditions, t...
The Samsung Galaxy Gear hints and teases at what a great smartwatch could be, but never really nails any single function. It's packed with potential, and even includes support for third-party apps. But it's a challenge to use at nearly every turn, an...
Long-time Apple watchers know that the end of the year usually brings a bountiful harvest of new and updated products from the company. Indeed, just two short weeks in September have ushered in new iPhones, iOS 7, a new version of iTunes, a modest bu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW