In IT's never-ending search for efficiency improvements, client virtualization and its subsets -- presentation, application and desktop virtualization -- must be considered.
Most organizations believe they aren't in danger of losing data, but as recent news demonstrates, the threat is real and no organization is immune.
In data center upgrade planning, backup power is often among the last considerations and the first budget item redlined. Many companies purchase an uninterruptible power system (UPS) only as they add equipment -- what we call a segmented approach. Be...
NEW ORLEANS -- Cisco this week unveiled two unified communications products optimized for small and midsize businesses, a market Cisco admits it needs to increase share in.
As I write this, the IETF has been around for 25 years and a few hours. The first meeting started at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 16, 1986, in San Diego with 21 people in attendance -- a far cry from the most recent meeting in Beijing, which attracted 1,...
The video surveillance industry is undergoing a sea change as older analog systems give way to IP-based systems.
According to a recent report from Forrester Research, IT spending in the United States is expected to ramp up in the second half of the year with an estimated 19 per cent increase in computer equipment spending, 11 per cent growth in software spendin...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT