Perhaps the wildest, most unpredictable area in the realm of high-tech etiquette, text messaging is fraught with pitfalls that can turn otherwise sensible people into rude and thoughtless jerks. Try these simple tips to ensure that you'll never annoy...
Banning texting while driving is such a no-brainer that it's hard to believe there is even a discussion. States may say they have better things to do, but when the feds threaten to cut off highway funding they'll find the time. Good for the feds.
As mobile users are more frequently pestered by SMS spam, one security vendor is applying its experience in stopping e-mail spam for mobile networks.
Let's be honest. Few people will deny that keeping your eyes on the road is a key part of driving safely. As a trolley collision in Boston showed us on Friday, text messaging while operating a vehicle can -- and in many cases does -- lead to accident...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW