Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube have agreed to share with one another identifying digital information of violent terror content that they find on their platforms.
Twitter has swallowed social app developer Yes and is also getting a new product head as part of the deal.
The White House will give up its social media accounts to the next President in just a few months. Here's how it will happen.
Twitter will reportedly loosen the reins on its 140-character limit on tweets as soon as next week.
Unlike Twitter, Instagram is making it easier to curb abuse with comment moderation.
In an effort to retain users who may have drifted toward Snapchat, Instagram copied one of its rival's defining features: short-lived multimedia. But will the new 'Instagram Stories' be a strategic success or just another flop from Instagram's parent...
Social sites have helped spawn many new industries, but they're also a real threat to online news publishers, who are increasingly squeezed out by algorithms, ad blockers and audiences that don't care where their news come from, according a new repor...
Next time you're about to fire off a tweet, you can instead decide to go live with just a couple of taps.
The use of social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google’s YouTube by terrorist groups for propaganda, recruitment, fundraising and other activities has come into sharp focus recently. It seemed inevitable that these companies would at some point...
Top three questions answered as Redmond prepares to acquire social media giant.
Subscriptions and a larger Live element headline the social network's efforts to make content easier on the eyes.
Google, Facebook and Yahoo and industry and civil rights groups have opposed legislation that would extend the categories of Internet records that the U.S. government can collect without court approval through administrative subpoenas known as Nation...
Over the weekend hackers have managed to gain access to Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg's Twitter and Pinterest accounts, as well as the social media accounts of other celebrities.
Twitter's giving you more room to work in 140 characters, and tweaking replies so they're easier to use.
From Uber to Instagram, the surprising reason why we freak out every time an app gets a new redesign.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT