Fake news is being blamed for the outcome of the U.S. election and also a gunman firing a shot in a pizza restaurant because he believed it was the home of a child sex abuse ring involving Hilary Clinton. We explain what is fake news and how to tell ...
Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube have agreed to share with one another identifying digital information of violent terror content that they find on their platforms.
Twitter has swallowed social app developer Yes and is also getting a new product head as part of the deal.
The White House will give up its social media accounts to the next President in just a few months. Here's how it will happen.
Twitter will reportedly loosen the reins on its 140-character limit on tweets as soon as next week.
Unlike Twitter, Instagram is making it easier to curb abuse with comment moderation.
In an effort to retain users who may have drifted toward Snapchat, Instagram copied one of its rival's defining features: short-lived multimedia. But will the new 'Instagram Stories' be a strategic success or just another flop from Instagram's parent...
Social sites have helped spawn many new industries, but they're also a real threat to online news publishers, who are increasingly squeezed out by algorithms, ad blockers and audiences that don't care where their news come from, according a new repor...
Next time you're about to fire off a tweet, you can instead decide to go live with just a couple of taps.
The use of social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google’s YouTube by terrorist groups for propaganda, recruitment, fundraising and other activities has come into sharp focus recently. It seemed inevitable that these companies would at some point...
Top three questions answered as Redmond prepares to acquire social media giant.
Subscriptions and a larger Live element headline the social network's efforts to make content easier on the eyes.
Google, Facebook and Yahoo and industry and civil rights groups have opposed legislation that would extend the categories of Internet records that the U.S. government can collect without court approval through administrative subpoenas known as Nation...
Over the weekend hackers have managed to gain access to Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg's Twitter and Pinterest accounts, as well as the social media accounts of other celebrities.
Twitter's giving you more room to work in 140 characters, and tweaking replies so they're easier to use.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- Russian man receives longest-ever prison sentence in the US for hacking
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC