Fake news is being blamed for the outcome of the U.S. election and also a gunman firing a shot in a pizza restaurant because he believed it was the home of a child sex abuse ring involving Hilary Clinton. We explain what is fake news and how to tell ...
Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube have agreed to share with one another identifying digital information of violent terror content that they find on their platforms.
Twitter has swallowed social app developer Yes and is also getting a new product head as part of the deal.
The White House will give up its social media accounts to the next President in just a few months. Here's how it will happen.
Twitter will reportedly loosen the reins on its 140-character limit on tweets as soon as next week.
Unlike Twitter, Instagram is making it easier to curb abuse with comment moderation.
In an effort to retain users who may have drifted toward Snapchat, Instagram copied one of its rival's defining features: short-lived multimedia. But will the new 'Instagram Stories' be a strategic success or just another flop from Instagram's parent...
Social sites have helped spawn many new industries, but they're also a real threat to online news publishers, who are increasingly squeezed out by algorithms, ad blockers and audiences that don't care where their news come from, according a new repor...
Next time you're about to fire off a tweet, you can instead decide to go live with just a couple of taps.
The use of social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google’s YouTube by terrorist groups for propaganda, recruitment, fundraising and other activities has come into sharp focus recently. It seemed inevitable that these companies would at some point...
Top three questions answered as Redmond prepares to acquire social media giant.
Subscriptions and a larger Live element headline the social network's efforts to make content easier on the eyes.
Google, Facebook and Yahoo and industry and civil rights groups have opposed legislation that would extend the categories of Internet records that the U.S. government can collect without court approval through administrative subpoenas known as Nation...
Over the weekend hackers have managed to gain access to Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg's Twitter and Pinterest accounts, as well as the social media accounts of other celebrities.
Twitter's giving you more room to work in 140 characters, and tweaking replies so they're easier to use.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
- To punish Symantec, Google may distrust a third of the web's SSL certificates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network Specialist - Internet Edge DatacentreVIC
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Online / DigitalQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- TPBusiness Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps - Web AdministratorQLD
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Java - TelcoVIC
- CCWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- CCSenior Network Architect l Checkpoint firewalls l Cisco ACINSW
- CCMicrostrategy DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- FTSystem EngineersVIC
- FTGraduate Application Support Analyst -SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW