Social sites have helped spawn many new industries, but they're also a real threat to online news publishers, who are increasingly squeezed out by algorithms, ad blockers and audiences that don't care where their news come from, according a new repor...
Next time you're about to fire off a tweet, you can instead decide to go live with just a couple of taps.
The use of social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google’s YouTube by terrorist groups for propaganda, recruitment, fundraising and other activities has come into sharp focus recently. It seemed inevitable that these companies would at some point...
Top three questions answered as Redmond prepares to acquire social media giant.
Subscriptions and a larger Live element headline the social network's efforts to make content easier on the eyes.
Google, Facebook and Yahoo and industry and civil rights groups have opposed legislation that would extend the categories of Internet records that the U.S. government can collect without court approval through administrative subpoenas known as Nation...
Over the weekend hackers have managed to gain access to Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg's Twitter and Pinterest accounts, as well as the social media accounts of other celebrities.
Twitter's giving you more room to work in 140 characters, and tweaking replies so they're easier to use.
From Uber to Instagram, the surprising reason why we freak out every time an app gets a new redesign.
A new report suggests most companies simply don't understand how effective social media can be for customer service, and majority of brand feedback people leave on social sites is ignored.
A series of changes first showed up in an app update, but it appears Google has reversed course and taken them back.
The official Reddit app is fast and free, replacing the need for third-party clients.
Facebook announced new features for Facebook Live to make it easier for mobile users to create, find and share live videos.
Reddit has removed a notice, known as a warrant canary, from its transparency report for 2015, suggesting that it may have received a secret national security order for user data.
The popular photo-sharing app aims to become a hub for longer video.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW