Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yahoo and Microsoft will take a new step toward combating the spread of child pornography, by blocking images identified in partnership with an industry group.
Google will become a subsidiary of a new parent company called Alphabet, under a massive restructuring arrangement designed to let the company's businesses operate more efficiently.
Reddit is removing several racist communities from its website, as well as other offensive discussion topics, part of an ongoing effort to clean up the most toxic content on its site.
Facebook is giving businesses more reasons to use Facebook Messenger to reach customers.
Marissa Mayer knows fashion, and she's bringing more of it to Yahoo with her latest acquisition announced Friday.
Earlier this month, a security vulnerability in Adobe Flash compelled Google and Mozilla to temporarily block the plug-in from their browsers. Now, Facebook says the problems with Flash could hurt its bottom line.
At 140 feet, it has the wingspan of a Boeing 737, but carries no passengers -- and it's much lighter too, weighing in at no more than 1,000 pounds. And within the next couple months, Facebook hopes to get its drone off the ground on an inaugural test...
When people grow tired of posting photos and videos on social media, what then? Virtual-reality posts, according to Mark Zuckerberg.
Facebook has posted strong sales results for the second quarter, showing continued success in its advertising business, though its costs also rose sharply.
Yahoo is releasing a mobile messaging app that combines texting with live one-on-one video.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. For Twitter, that could mean a new approach to the way it displays tweets.
Twitter reported a higher than expected increase in revenue on Tuesday, suggesting progress in the company's efforts to grow its ad sales.
Facebook is inviting additional mobile operators to take part in Internet.org, its project to bring Internet access to poorly connected parts of the world.
Google is severing the ties between its social network and other of its services, so that users will not need to log in to other sites like YouTube using a Google+ account.
An appeals court has ruled that shareholders cannot sue Facebook or Mark Zuckerberg in a case that accused the company of withholding key financial information from the public until after its IPO.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW