From Uber to Instagram, the surprising reason why we freak out every time an app gets a new redesign.
A new report suggests most companies simply don't understand how effective social media can be for customer service, and majority of brand feedback people leave on social sites is ignored.
A series of changes first showed up in an app update, but it appears Google has reversed course and taken them back.
The official Reddit app is fast and free, replacing the need for third-party clients.
Facebook announced new features for Facebook Live to make it easier for mobile users to create, find and share live videos.
Reddit has removed a notice, known as a warrant canary, from its transparency report for 2015, suggesting that it may have received a secret national security order for user data.
The popular photo-sharing app aims to become a hub for longer video.
Facebook is pushing the concept of Messenger as a platform, with possible new features including retail in-store payments.
A new survey of young Snapchat users found that the app's messaging and story-sharing features are still the most popular — and nearly a third of all respondents said the best thing about Snapchat is that their parents don't use it.
Microsoft said it completely underestimated how the Internet would use the Tay chatbot to promote "wildly inappropriate and reprehensible words and images."
Microsoft's new research chatbot, accessible via Twitter and other services, offers an... enlightening take on Millennials.
Australians are the first in the Asia-Pacific region to experience Moments, Twitter’s new feature that collects trending Tweets specific to the categories of news, sports, entertainment and fun.
Twitter has created a new timeline feature that aims to enables users to catch up on the supposed best Tweets from the accounts they follow.
Now you can really vent next time you want to say something privately on Twitter.
Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yahoo and Microsoft will take a new step toward combating the spread of child pornography, by blocking images identified in partnership with an industry group.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLead Salesforce ConsultantQLD
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTService Desk OperatorsSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW