Users of Google Glass will get to meet and compare their techie headgear this weekend at a spot where appearance is everything.
Tech workers suing over an alleged no-poaching agreement among Silicon Valley firms are fighting an attempt by defendants to ban evidence that might portray Steve Jobs as a bad guy.
Facebook now has its own take on location sharing -- an optional feature that periodically broadcasts people's locations to their friends.
Google reported a 19 per cent increase in revenue for the first quarter, but results from its advertising business were mixed.
Internet users may soon start to see more ads that look like posts from Google+, but without visiting the social network.
In an indication that CEO Marissa Mayer is not yet seeing dramatic results from her efforts to turn the company around, Yahoo's sales dipped slightly in its first quarter, amid some gains in its search advertising business.
Aiming to play a bigger role in analyzing tweets and sharing the resulting insights with advertisers and other businesses, Twitter has acquired Gnip, its partner for the past few years.
Google has confirmed its acquisition of drone maker Titan Aerospace and hinted that the technology could be used for a lot more than providing Internet access to remote parts of the world.
Google is buying drone-maker Titan Aerospace in a move poised to advance its airborne delivery of data services and mapping applications, according a Monday report in the Wall Street Journal.
Websites that use encryption could be elevated in Google search results sometime in the future, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Better think before you post that Instagram selfie -- a government could want it.
Posts on Facebook that repeatedly urge users to like, share or comment on them are being targeted in a new effort to reduce News Feed spam, Facebook said Thursday.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission on Thursday cleared a path for Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp to proceed, though it called on both companies to be mindful of their data collection policies.
In space, they say, no one can hear you scream. Some marketers feel the same way about Facebook.
Dropbox, the cloud storage and file sharing vendor, is expanding its scope into photo management and document collaboration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC