Aiming to play a bigger role in analyzing tweets and sharing the resulting insights with advertisers and other businesses, Twitter has acquired Gnip, its partner for the past few years.
Google has confirmed its acquisition of drone maker Titan Aerospace and hinted that the technology could be used for a lot more than providing Internet access to remote parts of the world.
Google is buying drone-maker Titan Aerospace in a move poised to advance its airborne delivery of data services and mapping applications, according a Monday report in the Wall Street Journal.
Websites that use encryption could be elevated in Google search results sometime in the future, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Better think before you post that Instagram selfie -- a government could want it.
Posts on Facebook that repeatedly urge users to like, share or comment on them are being targeted in a new effort to reduce News Feed spam, Facebook said Thursday.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission on Thursday cleared a path for Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp to proceed, though it called on both companies to be mindful of their data collection policies.
In space, they say, no one can hear you scream. Some marketers feel the same way about Facebook.
Dropbox, the cloud storage and file sharing vendor, is expanding its scope into photo management and document collaboration.
Google wants to put its Glass headmounted computer system to work.
Facebook shareholders are taking the company to task for political contributions to politicians whose positions on issues such as gay rights and online piracy counter Facebook's.
Not content with delivering people to their destination, Uber is now delivering packages as well.
In an attempt at clarity, Google has amended its terms of service to say that it analyzes private data, including emails, for purposes including the delivery of ads and customized search results.
Brendan Eich has resigned as CEO of Mozilla and left the board of the foundation that governs the nonprofit company after days of controversy over his support of California's anti-gay marriage law in 2008.
Yahoo said Wednesday it was encrypting traffic flowing between its data centers, several months after leaked documents revealed the government had been sniffing those links.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC