Facebook now has its own take on location sharing -- an optional feature that periodically broadcasts people's locations to their friends.
Google reported a 19 per cent increase in revenue for the first quarter, but results from its advertising business were mixed.
Internet users may soon start to see more ads that look like posts from Google+, but without visiting the social network.
In an indication that CEO Marissa Mayer is not yet seeing dramatic results from her efforts to turn the company around, Yahoo's sales dipped slightly in its first quarter, amid some gains in its search advertising business.
Aiming to play a bigger role in analyzing tweets and sharing the resulting insights with advertisers and other businesses, Twitter has acquired Gnip, its partner for the past few years.
Google has confirmed its acquisition of drone maker Titan Aerospace and hinted that the technology could be used for a lot more than providing Internet access to remote parts of the world.
Google is buying drone-maker Titan Aerospace in a move poised to advance its airborne delivery of data services and mapping applications, according a Monday report in the Wall Street Journal.
Websites that use encryption could be elevated in Google search results sometime in the future, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Better think before you post that Instagram selfie -- a government could want it.
Posts on Facebook that repeatedly urge users to like, share or comment on them are being targeted in a new effort to reduce News Feed spam, Facebook said Thursday.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission on Thursday cleared a path for Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp to proceed, though it called on both companies to be mindful of their data collection policies.
In space, they say, no one can hear you scream. Some marketers feel the same way about Facebook.
Dropbox, the cloud storage and file sharing vendor, is expanding its scope into photo management and document collaboration.
Google wants to put its Glass headmounted computer system to work.
Facebook shareholders are taking the company to task for political contributions to politicians whose positions on issues such as gay rights and online piracy counter Facebook's.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTPHP DevelopersQLD
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCTest Manager - Data Warehouse experienceACT
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCProject Coordinator - Junior PM (ERP)ACT