Google wants to put its Glass headmounted computer system to work.
Facebook shareholders are taking the company to task for political contributions to politicians whose positions on issues such as gay rights and online piracy counter Facebook's.
Not content with delivering people to their destination, Uber is now delivering packages as well.
In an attempt at clarity, Google has amended its terms of service to say that it analyzes private data, including emails, for purposes including the delivery of ads and customized search results.
Brendan Eich has resigned as CEO of Mozilla and left the board of the foundation that governs the nonprofit company after days of controversy over his support of California's anti-gay marriage law in 2008.
Yahoo said Wednesday it was encrypting traffic flowing between its data centers, several months after leaked documents revealed the government had been sniffing those links.
Real-time chatter about television abounds on Twitter, offering a potentially lucrative opportunity for advertising. The social network is looking to make the most of it, announcing a series of deals Monday to better monetize tweets about TV shows ar...
Bing is poised to function like a souped-up Yellow Pages, with visual search results offering more information about professionals such as lawyers and doctors.
A lawsuit that accuses Google, Apple and other top Silicon Valley companies of driving down wages by agreeing not to hire each other's workers can go to trial, a judge ruled on Friday.
Mark Zuckerberg is determined to bring Internet access -- and thus Facebook access -- to every corner of the globe, no matter how remote. Last Friday, the social network's CEO said more about how he plans to do that, and it involves drones, satellite...
Microsoft will no longer go through email messages and other personal data that users of its online services have stored on its servers, a decision taken after being sharply criticized for accessing a person's inbox as part of an internal investigati...
Attorneys say they're making progress toward a possible settlement in Silicon Valley's employee poaching case, in which Google, Apple and other companies are accused of conspiring not to hire employees from other tech giants.
Twitter users on mobile devices can now tag people in photos and upload multiple images to form a collage.
Google is looking to reach a wider audience for Glass with some design help from Oakley and Ray-Ban.
Twitter's mobile music app, launched last year amid a crowded market for online music services, is being shut down, Twitter said on Friday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCUNISON Analyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW