Earlier this month, a security vulnerability in Adobe Flash compelled Google and Mozilla to temporarily block the plug-in from their browsers. Now, Facebook says the problems with Flash could hurt its bottom line.
At 140 feet, it has the wingspan of a Boeing 737, but carries no passengers -- and it's much lighter too, weighing in at no more than 1,000 pounds. And within the next couple months, Facebook hopes to get its drone off the ground on an inaugural test...
When people grow tired of posting photos and videos on social media, what then? Virtual-reality posts, according to Mark Zuckerberg.
Facebook has posted strong sales results for the second quarter, showing continued success in its advertising business, though its costs also rose sharply.
Yahoo is releasing a mobile messaging app that combines texting with live one-on-one video.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. For Twitter, that could mean a new approach to the way it displays tweets.
Twitter reported a higher than expected increase in revenue on Tuesday, suggesting progress in the company's efforts to grow its ad sales.
Facebook is inviting additional mobile operators to take part in Internet.org, its project to bring Internet access to poorly connected parts of the world.
Google is severing the ties between its social network and other of its services, so that users will not need to log in to other sites like YouTube using a Google+ account.
An appeals court has ruled that shareholders cannot sue Facebook or Mark Zuckerberg in a case that accused the company of withholding key financial information from the public until after its IPO.
LinkedIn users now have to wait up to three days if they want a list of their contacts on the service.
As Google prepares to launch a subscription version of YouTube, the move has been endorsed by at least one interested party: YouTube cofounder Chad Hurley.
The mayor of New York City has reached an agreement with Uber, dropping plans for a strict cap on its growth that would have limited the number of cars available in the city.
Last year, Twitter sought to broaden the reach of its software by giving outside developers new tools at its first Flight conference. This year the company will try again, as the pressure on it to grow its user base has only increased.
A New York judge ruled Tuesday that Facebook has no legal standing to challenge the constitutionality of search warrants served on its users, highlighting the limits to online companies' abilities to protect user privacy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW