Last year, Twitter sought to broaden the reach of its software by giving outside developers new tools at its first Flight conference. This year the company will try again, as the pressure on it to grow its user base has only increased.
A New York judge ruled Tuesday that Facebook has no legal standing to challenge the constitutionality of search warrants served on its users, highlighting the limits to online companies' abilities to protect user privacy.
Google has acquired Pixate, whose app-prototyping service could help Google make better apps of its own.
The end is near for Google+ Photos, the photo sharing service that's part of the company's social network.
The Massachusetts attorney general's office has launched an examination into how Uber and Lyft cater to people with disabilities, potentially creating more regulatory problems for the ride-hailing companies.
Homejoy, the at-home cleaning service that's one of a new breed of startups serving as a broker of on-demand services, is shutting down, as companies in that category face legal challenges aimed at forcing them to classify freelancers as employees.
Reddit, the self-appointed "front page of the Internet" and one of the Web's most popular sites, is planning to crack down on objectionable content -- at least in public areas of the site.
California regulators have fined Uber more than US$7.3 million after the company failed to hand over data related to Uber's operations under an agreement between the state and the company.
Uber has reached a confidential settlement with the family of a girl who was hit and killed by an Uber driver.
Newly leaked figures reveal that the vast majority of people who exercised their right to be "forgotten" by Google's services in Europe are everyday members of the public, with just 5 percent of requests coming from criminals, politicians and high-pr...
Twitter's stock spiked in midday trading Tuesday after a fake Bloomberg news report said the company had received an offer to be acquired for US$31 billion.
After halting the service due to an influx of spam, Google is ready to open Map Maker again, with changes that hand much of the control back to users.
When voters go to the polls in next year's presidential election, could a candidate's stance on the sharing economy factor into their decision?
Ellen Pao is resigning as Reddit's interim chief executive after a week of tumult on the online message board with many users calling for her ouster.
Facebook is adjusting its news feed and adding a tool that will let users pick the content that appears at the top of their news feeds, among other new features.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW