By 2017, the typical mobile user will share their personalized data stream with 100 applications and services every day, with wearable devices and Internet-connected appliances fueling the use trend, according to Gartner.
Facebook has launched "trending," a new feature designed to surface popular topics being talked about on the site, in a move that increases its rivalry with Twitter, and, eventually, could also increase its advertising revenue.
AOL is relinquishing its control of Patch, an online site for local news that has struggled to turn a profit.
A U.S. appeals court has cleared the way for thousands of Silicon Valley workers to proceed as a group with a lawsuit alleging that technology companies including Google and Apple colluded to drive down employee compensation.
The way consumers identify themselves on Twitter can now be used by marketers in their decisions to place ads in individual feeds, under a new expansion of the site's advertising program.
Facebook could see a nice boost in its popularity in Russia, increasing its ability to compete internationally, through a new partnership with the Russian search engine Yandex.
A new app is available to keep people nodding off while driving, if they're wearing Google's Glasses while it happens.
Facebook has acquired Branch Media, makers of the Branch and Potluck online conversation-sharing software packages, a founder of Branch announced.
Criticism hurts -- especially when you're not sure where it's coming from, or why, and have no way to respond to it.
Facebook is pulling the plug on a controversial advertising program that served ads to people based on the activity of their friends, such as "Likes" and check-ins.
Snapchat has incorporated a phone number opt-out feature into its mobile app in response to a recent hacking incident -- the company's latest effort to convince users that their personal information is safe.
What's this strange object in front of me? A new app from Twitter's co-founder wants to give you the answer, by asking your friends.
Pinterest, the website known for cooking recipes, sought-after shopping items and photos of who knows what, wants to better understand -- and capitalize on -- the content posted by its users.
Oracle has broadened the number of languages its social media analysis software supports, in a bid to appeal to enterprises with operations and customers across the world.
Snapchat, reeling from a recent hack that exposed millions of user names and partially redacted phone numbers of its members, will now let users back out of the feature that hackers abused.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT