Facebook has started to include more types of content in Graph Search, a tool for searching what others have been posting about on the social network
Facebook wants to make its ads less annoying to users by only showing them what they want to see, even if it means a dip in ad exposure for some marketers.
Google faces financial sanctions in France after failing to comply with an order to alter how it stores and shares user data to conform to the nation's privacy laws.
The first draft of anything is terrible, Ernest Hemingway once said (though in slightly more colorful language). Facebook is applying some similar thinking and allowing users to edit their posts.
Google is now 15 years old, and the company is celebrating by smartening up its bread-and-butter technology, search, and adding new features such as comparisons and filters.
Twitter wants to bolster its position as a go-to source of information during emergencies and other crises with a new notifications feature.
Didn't catch that tweet all your friends were talking about? Twitter wants you to see it next time, using a new feature that will notify you of tweets and contacts that Twitter thinks you'll want to know about.
Forget the older crowd. LinkedIn now wants to help teenagers get into college and find a good job, in a strategy shift that analysts said could eventually pay off for the company.
Facebook is moving ahead with plans to test a new mobile feature to entice more people to buy products while shopping on smaller devices such as iPhones.
Pinterest already makes nice with outside businesses to better connect them with its site, but the social network is now thinking about consummating that relationship with promotional content.
The days of shrugging off Twitter may soon be over. Some 200 million users strong, the site is already one of the most prominent social networks, but going public could give it the muscle to become the next Facebook or Apple, one analyst said.
Twitter announced -- on Twitter, of course -- that the company has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering.
How should Twitter handle an initial public offering? Mark Zuckerberg admits he's probably not the best person to ask.
The CEOs of Yahoo and Facebook were each on the hot seat Wednesday answering questions about the U.S. government's data surveillance programs.
Twitter has acquired MoPub, a mobile-focused advertising exchange that could help the social network grow its ad business as more users move away from the desktop.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Oracle patches raft of vulnerabilities in business applications
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Microsoft buys Simplygon to simplify rendering VR and AR models
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCProcurement AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA