Didn't catch that tweet all your friends were talking about? Twitter wants you to see it next time, using a new feature that will notify you of tweets and contacts that Twitter thinks you'll want to know about.
Forget the older crowd. LinkedIn now wants to help teenagers get into college and find a good job, in a strategy shift that analysts said could eventually pay off for the company.
Facebook is moving ahead with plans to test a new mobile feature to entice more people to buy products while shopping on smaller devices such as iPhones.
Pinterest already makes nice with outside businesses to better connect them with its site, but the social network is now thinking about consummating that relationship with promotional content.
The days of shrugging off Twitter may soon be over. Some 200 million users strong, the site is already one of the most prominent social networks, but going public could give it the muscle to become the next Facebook or Apple, one analyst said.
Twitter announced -- on Twitter, of course -- that the company has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering.
How should Twitter handle an initial public offering? Mark Zuckerberg admits he's probably not the best person to ask.
The CEOs of Yahoo and Facebook were each on the hot seat Wednesday answering questions about the U.S. government's data surveillance programs.
Twitter has acquired MoPub, a mobile-focused advertising exchange that could help the social network grow its ad business as more users move away from the desktop.
Facebook, Google and Yahoo on Monday filed petitions with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court as part of a renewed collective effort to provide more information to their users about government data requests.
In perhaps China's toughest push to crack down on online defamation, authorities have unveiled measures that could send Internet users to jail for up to three years if found guilty of posting slanderous rumors.
Facebook revealed a new tool that enables news organisations to tap into user comments and display them online or on TV in real-time.
Yahoo received 12,444 requests from the U.S. government for user data in the first half of this year, resulting in 11,402 instances of data disclosure, it said Friday in its first transparency report.
Facebook has laid out big plans in recent months to simplify the app development process by acquiring Parse. But the social network actually had its eye on the cloud service company for years, and at one point the two considered a different partnersh...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC