Twitter wants to bolster its position as a go-to source of information during emergencies and other crises with a new notifications feature.
Didn't catch that tweet all your friends were talking about? Twitter wants you to see it next time, using a new feature that will notify you of tweets and contacts that Twitter thinks you'll want to know about.
Forget the older crowd. LinkedIn now wants to help teenagers get into college and find a good job, in a strategy shift that analysts said could eventually pay off for the company.
Facebook is moving ahead with plans to test a new mobile feature to entice more people to buy products while shopping on smaller devices such as iPhones.
Pinterest already makes nice with outside businesses to better connect them with its site, but the social network is now thinking about consummating that relationship with promotional content.
The days of shrugging off Twitter may soon be over. Some 200 million users strong, the site is already one of the most prominent social networks, but going public could give it the muscle to become the next Facebook or Apple, one analyst said.
Twitter announced -- on Twitter, of course -- that the company has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering.
How should Twitter handle an initial public offering? Mark Zuckerberg admits he's probably not the best person to ask.
The CEOs of Yahoo and Facebook were each on the hot seat Wednesday answering questions about the U.S. government's data surveillance programs.
Twitter has acquired MoPub, a mobile-focused advertising exchange that could help the social network grow its ad business as more users move away from the desktop.
Facebook, Google and Yahoo on Monday filed petitions with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court as part of a renewed collective effort to provide more information to their users about government data requests.
In perhaps China's toughest push to crack down on online defamation, authorities have unveiled measures that could send Internet users to jail for up to three years if found guilty of posting slanderous rumors.
Facebook revealed a new tool that enables news organisations to tap into user comments and display them online or on TV in real-time.
Yahoo received 12,444 requests from the U.S. government for user data in the first half of this year, resulting in 11,402 instances of data disclosure, it said Friday in its first transparency report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's new Kaby Lake chips for PC: Here's the company's vision
- New ransomware threat deletes files from Linux web servers
- HPE is betting big on AI to fuel your apps and analytics
- Apple must repay $14.5 billion in underpaid taxes in Ireland
- Uber, Alphabet autonomous car rivalry heats up
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- CCCompliance Officer - ProcurementVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC