In perhaps China's toughest push to crack down on online defamation, authorities have unveiled measures that could send Internet users to jail for up to three years if found guilty of posting slanderous rumors.
Facebook revealed a new tool that enables news organisations to tap into user comments and display them online or on TV in real-time.
Yahoo received 12,444 requests from the U.S. government for user data in the first half of this year, resulting in 11,402 instances of data disclosure, it said Friday in its first transparency report.
Facebook has laid out big plans in recent months to simplify the app development process by acquiring Parse. But the social network actually had its eye on the cloud service company for years, and at one point the two considered a different partnersh...
Facebook is seen as a website for connecting people. Now the company also wants to make it easier for outside developers to build their apps and connect them with users, by providing back-end hosting tools.
Six privacy groups have asked the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to strike down proposed changes to Facebook's policies, as they violate a 2011 settlement with the agency over user privacy.
Yahoo's logo is now a little bit sleeker, under a redesign unveiled Wednesday in keeping with the company's reinvention efforts.
Searching through Twitter's archive of tweets can be frustrating -- they are sorted on the site by Twitter's own algorithms, and older tweets tend to get buried. Google? Forget it. Topsy, an analytics company, wants to do it better.
Google's decision to name its new Android mobile OS KitKat left some people scratching their heads Tuesday -- isn't that someone else's trademark? -- but the move could raise awareness about the new software, which could be just what Google needs, on...
Facebook's motto may be "move fast and break things," but the 3,000 employees at its headquarters in Menlo Park, California, now have the chance to do just the opposite.
Facebook wants to be clear: It can use the names, profile pictures and other data of its members to deliver ads on the site.
Twitter has acquired Trendrr, a data analysis company, to better leverage users' tweets about television to draw in more advertisers.
Twitter is updating its site and mobile apps to make it easier for users to carry out conversations on the site and share them with others outside of Twitter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW