Social network Path will soon be under new ownership.
Virtual reality headset maker Oculus VR has acquired Surreal Vision, a company developing image recognition technology that can recreate scenes from real life inside simulated 3D environments.
A right-wing senator stands to make legal history in Italy when he becomes the first person to be prosecuted for insulting another person on Twitter.
Performing a search on Google now also displays relevant tweets from Twitter. The integration will widely distribute Twitter content beyond its own site and is also aimed at adding a new real-time element to Google search results.
When the next U.S. president takes office, he or she will have a new perk -- an official Twitter account ready to go with millions of followers.
Facebook is said to be eyeing games for its mobile Messenger product, a move that might jump-start the revenue the company generates from non-advertising sources.
Upon learning of Reddit's plan to change its rules to prohibit harassment and make the site friendlier, some users reacted with resentment and confusion.
Facebook's Internet.org project provides access to online services in developing countries, but it's also sparked questions about its compatibility with net neutrality, Facebook's underlying business motives and how the company collects user data. On...
Facebook aims to speed up the delivery of news on the company’s mobile apps with Instant Articles. The New York Times, National Geographic and others will use it to publish interactive articles directly on Facebook’s iPhone app.
Some Flickr users are reporting problems with the photo sharing site that may be related to what browser they're using -- even if the browser's up to date.
On Facebook, you might see a fair number of news articles shared by friends supporting Republican presidential candidates as the race heats up. Even if you're a Democrat.
If the waiter was rude, your hotel room dirty or the plumber sloppy, you should be able to say so online without fear of getting slapped with a lawsuit.
In perhaps the first sign that live streaming might spawn its own assortment of sub-players, a visual data analysis startup is putting its chops to work to categorize and rank videos on Periscope, the app owned by Twitter.
Users are getting greater choice over what information is shared with websites and apps when they log in using their Facebook ID.
Secret, an app for anonymous posts that initially attracted buzz but drew criticism after a redesign, is shutting down.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple hires mobile encryption pioneer amid encryption debate
- HPE is spinning out its huge services business and merging it with CSC
- Tech woes hamper jury in Oracle case aginst Google
- Cisco's Meraki spreads its cloud to voice
- Datameer gets an overhaul to make big-data analytics easier
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTSolution Architect - Capacity ManagementVIC
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT